Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded some ammo for a spikes battle trigger. Anyone here have one? I've read nothing but good reviews on it. Hopefully get it installed tonight and shoot it tomorrow but we'll see.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Don't have a battle trigger but I use the Spikes lower parts kits with their standard trigger and it's a very good trigger. It comes polished and only takes a few strokes with a stone to really smooth it out. I've installed 6 and they come in around 5-6 pounds and break great.

If the battle trigger is anything like these it will be a good one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5-6 pounds is what I've read for the battle trigger also. Thought about going with the jp enterprises light spring kit but don't want to chance have light strikes when I shoot steel case ammo. Didn't get it installed tonight so hopefully I'll have a review within the next couple of weeks. It's supposed to be cold here after tomorrow. Lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the Spikes NB battle trigger. I have it in a lower that I was using temporarily on a long range target rifle, being a single stage trigger with a heavy pull, I knew it was not meant for that type of shooting.

I ended up building a new Spikes lower with a Spikes parts kit and a beautiful Geissele Match trigger for the target rifle.

I did end up using the lower with the NB Spikes Battle trigger on my shorty upper with 11.5" barrel and upgraded it with a set of JP enhanced reliability springs. This is a great combination for a carbine rifle. The JP springs made the Spikes Battle trigger feel pretty good on that rifle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the trigger installed tonight. Everything seems fine except the safety selector seems to have some play in it. Not sure if it was like this before or what. It functions fine, it's just kinda loose. Can anyone tell me how yours feels?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts