Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was range day for some SPs. The 3" out shot both the 4" and 2". The 3" is about 20 years old and after market springs. The 2" is about 4 years old and has a nice light trigger with a 9# hammer and 8# trigger. This is the only SP I have that I don't get any FTF with these light springs. The 4" needs work. I just picked it up yesterday and it only has about 75 dry fires prior to this range visit. Trigger is horendious and will need some fiddling with the springs. I wanted to make sure all was well before I started tinkering with it. 4 loads through all three and not hitches. Using True Blue, 2400, and WW296 loads with a 158 plated SWC from Xtreme. All shot very good and groups would have been better with a different shooter! Anyway fun day and now half way to my knees with empty brass. And so the cycle begins again. Fun Day.
:)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
SP's are really nice guns. The are on my list.

But I wonder... Why do springs vs. work on the action to reduce the friction first? Your fingers have to overcome the friction too. Then you could keep the OE springs and not have FTF. Um right?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SP's are really nice guns. The are on my list.

But I wonder... Why do springs vs. work on the action to reduce the friction first? Your fingers have to overcome the friction too. Then you could keep the OE springs and not have FTF. Um right?
The springs seem to be the easiest way to go and so far changing out springs has put me where I want to be with the action. In most cases dry firing mates the action and no polishing or honing is required.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Nice group shot. I really like the grip panels you have on the 3".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts