Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the annual one-day outlet sale at the Spyderco outlet, located just across the lobby from the manufacturing facility in Golden, Colorado.

I drove by at 8:15am and the line to get in was probably 150 yards long. I came back through Golden at 1:00pm and there was no line, I found exactly what I wanted--and not even a line at the cash register!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Spyderco makes some great knives in some non-traditional designs.
"Made in Golden Colorado, USA, Earth"
My EDC knife is a Spyderco Paramilitary II.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That's so cool. I would love to visit the Spyderco outlet. What's it like? What did you buy? Any pics?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been twice now--once last year i ended up talking to Sal Glesser, the owner of the company, and didn't even realize it.

the store has a large collection of knives, however their day to day prices aren't the best--for instance the manix2 knife i was looking for last year was $35 more expensive than ordering it on Amazon.

However, the yearly sale is quite another matter. they have some seconds and some non-second knives for sale.

I picked up a carbon fiber Paramilitary 2 with a CPM S90V steel blade:

I also picked up a tan Manix2 with CPM M4 steel. This blade is different in that it has a "full flat grind" as opposed to the normal Manix2 blade.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You're lucky being that you live that close. I would be a much poorer man if I did. I've been carrying spydercos for the last 15 years. I love em. Had to stop carrying my mariner at work because people started getting worried when I used it in front of them. I prefer the spyders edge serrated blades because they stay sharp longer for me, cutting card board, rope, and strapping at work. That manix2 is a great looking knife as is the para2. Fit and finish look better than the last few spydercos I've purchased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts