Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my son Bill's squirrel feeder,complete with squirrel. He got
tired of the squirrels gettin into his bird feeders,so he put up
a feeder that they could call their own.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice pic.
But due to a recent experience i now consider them glorified tree rats.
A while back, my Sheriff's pickup got to running very ruff one morning with the check engine and mechanic's light coming on. Got it to the shop and it turns out that i had squirrel damage. Wiring on the truck had been chewed on and alot of it had to be replaced. The final bill was over $800.00.
The dealership mechanic said that this occasionally happens.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We feed the cute squirrels too. They are quite entertaining when going around and around our big tree. Have had up to seven at a time. I have three old hubcaps on the concrete patio full of sunflower seeds and corn. They love it!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice picture, deputy they can't keep up with a fan belt either just like a cat just on as stringie lol. I put out feed for the tree rats and they still raided my bird feeders and got into the Hyming bird feeder as well. They are fun to watch unless they are costing you money.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Neat picture jared. The ones in my yard are picky, they'll turn up their noses at corn but love the black sunflower seed we put out for birds.
Also I'm like gunman. There aint nothing like a mess of Kentucky squirrels fried and served up with biscuits, mashed taters, gravy and sliced tomatoes. Good for breakfast, dinner or supper.:)
Baker

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

Neat picture jared. The ones in my yard are picky, they'll turn up their noses at corn but love the black sunflower seed we put out for birds.
Also I'm like gunman. There aint nothing like a mess of Kentucky squirrels fried and served up with biscuits, mashed taters, gravy and sliced tomatoes. Good for breakfast, dinner or supper.:)
Baker
[8D]Now yer talkin![8D]

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
They are fun to watch and I ignored some that were getting pecans from a tree in my yard until they chewed a hole where the Elect. line goes into the weather head under the eve of my house. Squirrels and people living in the same house just don't work, so I renewed my childhood taste for fried Squirrel.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've eaten a many of 'em, but no more...I look at 'em as a rat with a fur coat...and I've done many an hour in an attic re-wiring because they love to eat electrical wires' insulation off-cloth and the new stuff alike-the copper or current attracts them...and I know of several N. Dallas homes burned to the ground because of the squirrels...they ain't welcome 'round here...that's why God invented pellet rifles...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
:D:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts