Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were Five country churches in a small Kansas town:
The Presbyterian Church , the Baptist Church , the Methodist Church, the Catholic Church and the Jewish Synagogue.

Each church was overrun with pesky squirrels .

One day, the Presbyterian Church called a meeting to decide what to do about the squirrels. After much prayer and consideration, they determined that the squirrels were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with God's divine will..

In The Baptist Church, the squirrels had taken up habitation in the baptistery. The deacons met and decided to put a cover on the baptistery and drown the squirrels in it. The squirrels escaped somehow and there were twice as many there the next week.

The Methodist Church got together and decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creation. So, they humanely trapped the Squirrels and set them free a few miles outside of town. Three days later, the squirrels were back.

But -- The Catholic Church came up with the best and most effective solution.
They baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church.
Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter.

Not much was heard about the Jewish Synagogue, but they took one squirrel and had a short service with him called circumcision and they haven't seen a squirrel on the property since.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey, JB-you musta not had much hair and they worked on the wrong end-that why you wear a Cowboy hat??? You deserved that-after a hard day's work , I sat down to read the days' posts-and when I read your comment on this one, a mouthful of hot coffee ended up sucked into my right lung and I almost died choking and laughing-your sense of humor liketa killed me just now-what a hoot!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
---but I heard "The ole grey mare, she ain't what she used ta be---"---either-so maybe they'll get along....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Now see what ya gone done and did.... my horse is even laughin at me.....

Now we got to have a little talk so hear we is a havin that talk.....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

JB, you're in good form tonight-now is that really you and your horse?
Sheepdog, this is Legend Son of Bigsky, just call him Legend for short. Here is another one with me and my wife, taken a few years ago.

And here is Lil-Bit... he and I are ridin in West Glacier gettin ready of a good ride up into the Bob Marshal Wilderness.

Gonna see if I can find the one of me and Tanner that was taken before he passed on. Dang man its just too much fun... but like the say, sometimes the best thing for the inside of a man, is the outside of a horse.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Haven't been on a horse since I was 20-my uncle in ETex had 2-used to saddle up and ride alone in the cold weather-(30's) and loved it-horses love you back!! Had a lot of fun but once my Cherokee uncle had me try a saddle for him-horse jumped a creek and cinch strap gave-me in the saddle went off on the ground-hand still on the pommel-thought I'd never breathe again---he made a comment about my staying on the horse and I cursed him roundly-told him buy a saddle that wasn't too --- - -- --- rotton to stay on the horse....he didn't buy that saddle.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
JB-looks like you live pretty close to Heaven up there-a city boy's dream-don't ever get bored, do you!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Here are some places to leave you breathless in Montana.... from the mountains to the prairie I simply love this state.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just had my boy replace my lightning background on my homepage with the mountains behind the telephone poles-it is stunning!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That is the Monida Range, and I have hunted and killed elk back in the thick tree'd area on the right side of the pic. You need to access that area by horseback.

If your horse is not trained for you to shoot off its back, it will let you do it at least once. :D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by JB

If your horse is not trained for you to shoot off its back, it will let you do it at least once. :D
Kind of reminds me of one of my elk hunts in Colorado. One of the guys took 2 mules to pack out the quarters. We got a nice bull down, field dressed, quartered him and I walked back to camp for the mules. I rode one back and one of the others in our party rode the other one. We loaded 2 quarters on the little one and all was well. When we tried to load a quarter on the big one, he got one whiff of elk blood and despite our best efforts headed back to camp on the dead run. He like to killed us getting away. Moral of the story: Never take an untested mule to pack out an elk!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Montana is beautiful JB. When I was younger and my sister lived in Missoula I would go over there on my long change and go exploring on week days while they were working. one of my favorite places in Missoula was the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, used to go in there and look around and watch videos.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts