Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to indoor range today with my son... And we practiced at 30' with two 9mm pistols and two .45 ACP pistols. A great way to spend a hour or two on a day off.

here are some of my observations (below the pic)

- the 14+1 compact cz75d PCR is still me of my all time favorite guns... (Accurate, little felt recoil or muzzle flip) But that little 8+1 single stack Bersa bp9cc has a great trigger and reset

- the full size sr1911 outshot the RIA officer size 1911 but I think was pulling my shoots down and left when shooting the RIA... I'm still getting used to the RIA all-black target sights too

- I'm learning (slowly but surely) to shoot with both eyes open and the bigger front sight on the Bersa sure helps. I'm also left eye dominant and am a right handed shooter... So I adjusted my stance to being the gun up in front of my left eye

- they all performed flawlessly with ball ammo and hollow points of various grains and manufacturers

- my son out shoots me ;)

- the Wilson combat 8-Rd mag loads easier than the original mags in the SR-1911

·
Registered
917 Posts
Four nice pistols there OP! So, the little Bersa runs good for you?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Four nice pistols there OP! So, the little Bersa runs good for you?
Yes.. Surprisingly well.

The trigger is nice, with short reset and it has been quite reliable. I have an alien gear cloak-tuck IWB in neoprene that makes this gun comfortable to carry.

The front sight has a large white dot and it is an accurate shooter for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts