Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to the forum but not Rugers. Quick question. I just bought a SR1911 used at a great price. the only problem is...a bunch of ugly laser engraving NRA stuff on it. Any reason not to put it into the carry rotation? This 1911 seems to be a well done gun. Better than my crimson carry i think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello,
New to the forum but not Rugers. Quick question. I just bought a SR1911 used at a great price. the only problem is...a bunch of ugly laser engraving NRA stuff on it. Any reason not to put it into the carry rotation? This 1911 seems to be a well done gun. Better than my crimson carry i think.

Show us the engraving, pls..............

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Never seen one with NRA engraving. I would love that on mine!

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Yeah, show pics before you do anything. Someone may take that off of your hands and give enough cash for you to get exactly what you want... that way, TWO people would be happy. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is probably a 2012 Friends of NRA Sponsor gun. These were given to $2500. Sponsors for 2012 Friends of NRA Events. Very nice collectibles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is definitely not the fancy engraving. More of a production type laser engraving. No ivory grips or anything. If it was the fancy I wouldnt even ask. I'd just put it away.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I can't post pics yet. At least I don't think so.
If you do not already have an account just go to

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

and sign up for free. There is no charge at all to store your pictures there. You UPLOAD the pictures from you computer then you use the DIRECT LINK to each picture off PHOTOBUCKET and paste it into the link that pops up when you press the INSERT IMAGE icon here on you Ruger Forum Post. The ICON looks like a couple mountains with a moon/sun on the top right. Save your post and there are your pictures....

- - - and I agree that the SR1911 may be an NRA gun that may or may not be valuable - worth it to show the engraving here for the experts to see....
GB45

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Just my opinion but that is some ugly engraving.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Just my opinion but that is some ugly engraving.
Well mate, I was trying to be diplomatic in my post, but you're right. :D
If it were mine, yep, I'd get it bead blasted.

·
Registered
389 Posts
yup looks kinna fugley , would try to get a new slide, keep that one , just to keep some value the way it was , sure someone would pay top buck for it later down the road

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Golfbuddy, thanks for the tutorial on uploading pictures. I can't respond to pm's yet.
If you want pm me your email.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree it's not the most attractive, but I am not very fond of engraving of any sort. I was just glad to find one. Most around here if you can find one are over $700.I saw a new one they wanted $850 for!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts