Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my SR-22 for a couple years now and I’ve begun to enjoy the ability to run it suppressed just recently. However, sub-sonic ammunition does not always cycle the firearm like most rimfire semi autos. I was wondering if there was anyone who makes and has in stock a recoil spring not as strong as the factory one. I’ve seen that it is 9 pounds, although I’m not sure where people are finding this information because I can’t find it anywhere other than word-of-mouth. It seems the only other options for aftermarket recoil springs are ones in a captured steel guide rod, which is great, but do they come less stiff?

Additionally, I would love to find a replacement metal takedown lever to replace the plastic OEM one. I’d hate to have such a crucial part of th firearm break due to the fact that it’s merely plastic.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I suspect if it were any weaker it wouldn’t return to battery. I haven’t seen any reduced power ones but you could get a spare or two and try cutting it a little shorter. Curious why you need subsonic ammo? Standard ammo should be subsonic out of the SR22’s short barrel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts