Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I shoot a lot so I am aware of normal ware but my SR22 has a lot of ware on the right bottom of the slide wondering if is caused by that little pin on the slide wearing down and if Ruger covers that as abnormal ware ? Would send a picture but last time I tried I had to much trouble doing it.

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Ok I shoot a lot so I am aware of normal ware but my SR22 has a lot of ware on the right bottom of the slide wondering if is caused by that little pin on the slide wearing down and if Ruger covers that as abnormal ware ? Would send a picture but last time I tried I had to much trouble doing it.
I have not seen the wear you talk about on mine. I have put alot of rounds thru it ... a picture would help pinpoint the area of wear

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question but I've noticed the same wear on mine. I have just shy of 2000 rounds through the gun and it's not quite a year old.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I have two SR22s - one a few years old with many thousands of rounds through it and the other less than a year old with a few hundred rounds at most through it.

The older one has some paint wear on the slide near the extractor - and what looks like metal wear towards the rear - the same area on the newer slide doesn't even have metal in that space but a notch where the small lip on the older model is showing the wear meaning that the new one cannot show wear there as there is no material there.

In the first photo the older slide is on the right and in the second photo the older slide is on the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very interesting mcwsky09. Thanks for including the photos.

Mine was purchased last October and has the lip shown on your older SR22. I wonder when they made the change?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts