Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive been to the range 3 times now, only fired two brands of ammo, fired 3-400 rounds between the two and have had numerus problems.

Ruger® SR-22® Autoloading Rifle Models < my gun for refrence.

1. Using Federal premium hp (36 grain i think) I've had failure to eject and failure to feed problems. To the point where i decided to call my gun bob marley on the count of it jamming so much. Would this be an ammo problem or a gun problem?

2. Using CCI AR-tactical rounds I've noticed FtE went away but the failure to feed still happened but very rarely. Since its a different ammo, would that make this a gun problem?

3. I've noticed on the reveiver where the handle for the bolt comes out, theres some chew in the metal. I cant tell if it was poor casting or if the bolt is making contact with the receiver when it comes to rest before firing another shot. I doubt the brass could do it but it is where the shells catch when it fails to eject. What should i be looking for or how should i go about narrowing it down?

4. Third day at the range, scope sighted in with a bore laser at home then tweeking it at the range, me and a friend just couldn't get it perfect. Probably spent an 1 1/2 hours at the range and somewhere during that time i noticed the gun felt like something was loose. Everything looked fine but when you shook it something moved. Right before we called it a day we noticed that the rail that the scope is mounted on, the stock picitiniy rail thats mounted to the receiver was loose and the torx backed out a bit. Is it common for bits and pieces to loosen up like that? The hand guard huge pain in the ass to break free, the barrel huge pain in the ass to brake free, the scope rail loosened up and nearly fell off on its own accord... I threw some lock tight on it and put it back together and have yet to try it out. But should i be worried or do you think it'll happen again?

Any help is appreciated.
-Marc

· Registered
5,337 Posts
Teething problems......It'll get better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.