Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to dry fire with the mag in place of course. And with no snap caps. I just wanna practice my trigger pull.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Without a snap cap...I would recommend that you not dry fire! I've had people tell me that they use an empty casing to practice their trigger pull...but I recommend using snap caps...better safe than sorry!

BTW...I have friends in Lititz...and I get out there about once a month on business...beautiful area!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've heard from Ruger reps themselves say as long as you have the mag in you can dry fire without snap caps.......of course if you have them use them....

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've heard from Ruger reps themselves say as long as you have the mag in you can dry fire without snap caps.......of course if you have them use them....
I agree, if you have them, use them but you certainly don't NEED them for the SR 40! While it is safe to dry fire most centerfire pistols, rimfires are a whole different story! When dryfiring a rimfire weapon you will likely experience peening that can negetively effect the proper firing function of said weapon. When dry firing a centerfire semi-auto handgun, there's nothing for the firing pin to collide with so peening is not possible. You can safely dry fire your SR-40 without concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts