Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I purchased my sr556c about two years ago and since the day I bought it, it has had issues ejecting spent steel casing. I have this issue with both monarch and tulammo casings getting stuck in the barrel. However she eats brass as fast as you can feed it to her. I'm aware that this is a common problem with the sr556, I was curious if anyone has found a solution to this or if Ruger has made any comments regarding this issue. I know some people say not run steel at all, but when I purchase an AR for $1500 I expect it to run what ever I feed it especially when I can run steel all day through my Colt m4 and Remington r15.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been getting stuck. Im going to try and srcub out the chamber real well as the article suggested and run a few rounds through it

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Howdy,
I purchased my sr556c about two years ago and since the day I bought it, it has had issues ejecting spent steel casing. I have this issue with both monarch and tulammo casings getting stuck in the barrel. However she eats brass as fast as you can feed it to her. I'm aware that this is a common problem with the sr556, I was curious if anyone has found a solution to this or if Ruger has made any comments regarding this issue. I know some people say not run steel at all, but when I purchase an AR for $1500 I expect it to run what ever I feed it especially when I can run steel all day through my Colt m4 and Remington r15.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I don't think it's a common problem with the SR. It's a common problem with commie steel cased ammo.

I don't understand why people spend big $$ then put the absolutely junkiest ammo in it then blame the gun. Would you spend $500K on a car then put gas from the corner store in it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts