Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the HIVIZ front sight for my Alaskan .44 Mag. Is anyone using one and if so how do you like it? If you installed it yourself how was the fit and finish? Looks like they have to be drilled and fitted for the roll pin.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've put several sights into SP101 Rugers & I can tell you that the fiber optic stand proud on these revolvers, Also once you've got the sight tapped into place I clamped mine with a padded vice grip but a c clamp etc. would work great too, Then you wanna drill it half way from each side with a IIRC 1/16" drill bit & then clean threw.. I used a roll pin punch from my AR-15 kit to drive in/out the roll pin..
In this picture the Mossberg, Ruger MKII, & SIG P225 have HI-VIZ but the two Ruger SP101s have Gemini Custom Small Wonder Fiber Optic Sights but as you can see they stand out & are worth the trouble..
You'll be glad you went to the trouble..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've put several sights into SP101 Rugers & I can tell you that the fiber optic stand proud on these revolvers, Also once you've got the sight tapped into place I clamped mine with a padded vice grip but a c clamp etc. would work great too, Then you wanna drill it half way from each side with a IIRC 1/16" drill bit & then clean threw.. I used a roll pin punch from my AR-15 kit to drive in/out the roll pin..
In this picture the Mossberg, Ruger MKII, & SIG P225 have HI-VIZ but the two Ruger SP101s have Gemini Custom Small Wonder Fiber Optic Sights but as you can see they stand out & are worth the trouble..
You'll be glad you went to the trouble../QUOTE]

Thanks for the post and the pictures! Going to order one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts