Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see some positive reviews on these guns instead of all the problem posts and comparison to other guns. If you like these other guns better than Ruger why not go to their site to read and post.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have both SR9c and the LC9s. No issues, very reliable. I trading in my LC9 for the LC9s. Really like the new trigger. I shoot the LC9s better than the SR9c. That's what I trust and what I carry. 2 thumbs up.;)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I also have the SR9c and the LC9s Pro. Both are excellent pistols and are shockingly accurate. They are hard to find fault in, and they are boringly reliable. Just yesterday, I put 360 rounds through my brand new Lc9s Pro. Granted, that's just the beginning of its lifespan, but its very solid, and I see nothing that will cause trouble in the future.

My SR9c came to me used, but from inside my family, so I know its history. Its had around 1,300 rounds, and been perfectly reliable also. What else is there to say...? They run perfect, and hit what they are pointed at. I'm happy

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the SR9c and the LC9s and I love them both. In fact as I have said before, Rugers just fit me well. The issues I had were self induced and quickly corrected with practice. As far as I am concerned you can't beat them.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I have both.

My SR9c is almost 6 years old and has more than 5500 rounds thru it wiht no issues caused by the gun itself (I had two light strikes with some factory second ammo.) It's been carried a lot and still looks like it's brand new.

My LC9s is almost a year old. I have more than 1800 rounds thru it with no issues, either. It is now my primary carry cuz of the smaller size.

I have friends who have other brands sub compacts and single stack 9 mm and my Rugers are just as accurate and reliable (and in some cases much more so) than theirs.

The purpose of this thread is great.

However, It has been tried before and it has failed because of a few whiners. (When they jump in, do a search on their user names to see how they operate.)

They will pop in and say something to the effect of "Glad yours works, mine didn't and was the worst thing POS ever...."

In many cases, it seemed to many who tried to help them that their problem was user error but them didn't want to hear that.

Of course ,if any of us who had no issues posted in their threads where they ripped on Ruger, they would tell us that we shouldn't be posting because we are nothing but Ruger fan boys....

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The SR9c is a great gun. I have had mine for awhile now with several thousand of rounds through it. It eats any ammo I can feed it, it is extremely accurate, and it fits my hand perfectly. With the 2 different sized magazines that came with it, I feel I more than got my money's worth as it is like having 2 different guns almost.

I have zero complaints and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends...in fact, I always recommend it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
SR9c here. 2 days of ownership. First day sucked. Second day awesomeness once I learned how to hold it.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
SR9c here as well. I've loved mine right out of the box. Great trigger, great ergonomics, great accuracy, nothing I don't like about it. I've put about 500 rds through it and have had no issues whatsoever. My favorite handgun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Me too! I have both the SR9c and LC9s Pro. They are great guns. If I have plenty of carry room I like to carry the SR9c with the ten round iwb and the 17rd mag in my pocket. Travelling light, the LC9s. I shoot both well and am amazed at the trigger on the slim Pro. With a soft "sticky" brand holster I have carried the LC9s above and below my waistline as well as in my jeans pocket. Love my Rugers.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My LC9sPro hasn't missed a beat. Currently working up the best carry load (reloading-wise). Am quite amazed how much different ammo it will tolerate, compared to compact "queens" like the Kimber Solo, S&W, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently gained my Lc9s by trade. Best trade I've ever made! Love this little gun! I never really considered Rugers for carry guns until lately. Now I'm a big fan. I really want a Sr9 or 9e next. Oh, and a new American model in 9mm too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a LC9s Pro today. It feels good in the hand and the trigger is super
sweet.
It also carries good inside the pocket holstered.

I hardly wait to get out and try it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LC9S Pro is fast becoming my favorite. Best trigger on a Ruger I have experienced. It carries like a cell phone light and unobtrusive easily covered. Groups better for me than my PM9.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SR and LC9S

Thank you for posting the positive responses. I have an SR9 and a LC9S and they have been great. The only trouble I had was a couple of fte with Tulammo. I cured that early I quit buying it and and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got an SR9c about 10 months ago. My first 9mm semi-auto. I've probably put about 4000 rounds through it, and I'm pretty happy with it. I did have a trigger reset problem. I sent it back to Ruger, and unfortunately, I was not satisfied. I did a deep disassemble and cleaning myself, and it has been running fine since.

Just got an LC9s a few weeks ago. Put about 400 rounds through it. I love it. It feels great in my belt - which is to say I can barely feel it. I was shooting it at the range yesterday, and the RSO came over to complement me on my shooting.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had an SR9c for 3 years and run nearly 2000 rounds through it. Its been absolutely 100% reliable through a variety of brands of ammo and bullet weights and profiles. Its accurate and controllable. Everyone that I have let shoot it has liked it. I have a friend that got one at he same time and he has had the same experience.
A large gun shop about an hour from where I live has had all of the SRs priced at $389.99 for a couple years and before that they were $399.99, so they are also an affordable gun

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had an SR9C and a LC9S for a few months. Have run 700+ rounds of my cast bullet reloads through the SR9C and 500 or so through the LC9S without a bobble of any kind. Both are very accurate and have great triggers. I'm very happy with em both.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I use my SR9c and my LC9s as daily carry guns. (not at the same time though).

Both of these guns have been utterly reliable 100% of the time. I rarely get a stovepipe with either gun, but whenever I do I can always attribute it to me being a limp wrist. The guns couldn't be better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have an early SR9 in 9mm and have liked it a lot. Had 1 issue with the barrel that was promptly repaired at no charge by Ruger. My SR9 has been used as my test standard for 9mm load development, range gun and soon I will carry it. Not sure why some are so critical, it has served me well for 7 years.

Also, I have an LC9 with a factory installed LaserLyte Laser and it has been my EDC for quite a few years. In spite of the long trigger pull I can shoot it very well and might re-consider an upgrade to the LC9s. The LC9 has been dead nuts reliable, eats any ammo I have fed it including my re-loads. I hate to retire it and will not until I try the 9s which I hear is very nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts