Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking up an SR1911 CMD light weight 45 for CCW. I have other nicer 1911’s but they are all steel and carrying them 8 hours a day gets old pretty quick.

Anyone own and carry the Ruger? Are you comfortable with it’s reliability? Anything to look out for or any suggestions for improvements of this firearm?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mr. Obvious here:
For clarity sake, we're talking about a colt when we say "commander" here, as Ruger cannot use that term due to feds and copyright laws. A 4.25 sr1911 is a CMD.

And yes, I trust my life to a Chevy, why not a computer-designed sr1911 CMD?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a commander (not LW) and no issues with FTF or FTE at all, I don't carry it vey often but reliability has been excellent.
same. mine is the all SS Commander but it's one of the best shooting pistols I own. last range trip impressed me so much with its accuracy that a made it my go-to nightstand piece. never carried it daily but have taken it along on trips in a backpack. weight wasn't a real issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the SR1911 Commander size in 9mm (yes, I know, blasphemy, but I do have a few 1911's in .45 ACP as well). It's one of my favorite guns. Never had a problem other than a defective mag when new which Ruger promptly replaced. It is one of my carry guns. I highly recommend in either caliber.

·
Registered
270 Posts
MA. OMG then you really need to come over and experience a free state. As of now OH gun laws are not so bad and compared to others we are pretty darn good. With my ccw I can walk in pay and walk out with a new gun. Soon we will not need a ccw to carry. I grew up in NJ so I feel for you guys stuck in commie states.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MA. OMG then you really need to come over and experience a free state. As of now OH gun laws are not so bad and compared to others we are pretty darn good. With my ccw I can walk in pay and walk out with a new gun. Soon we will not need a ccw to carry. I grew up in NJ so I feel for you guys stuck in commie states.
Ha! Ha! The sad thing is that I live about 15 minutes from the NH border. I can practically smell the freedom. 😂

1 - 18 of 18 Posts