·
One Star
10,016 Posts
Absolutely awesome!(y)(y)

Reactions: Brassmonkey

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Congradulations...to your daughter! That is a thing of beauty...love the two-tone look! Your daughter is a fortunate individual!
PS...if your daughter doesn't like it, I know mine will! :)
I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander in .45 acp...easily one of my absolute favorite pistols to shoot...accuracy is second to none!
My wife had the bob-tail added a year ago, for my birthday! Fit and feel is excellent...much more comfortable in the grip!

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Great 45, love mine. 185-200 grain loads that are non+P would assist your daughter in learning to love that 1911.
I concur...200 grain bullets tend to shoot much more accurately and the recoil is slightly better with that load!
Mine loves Hornady's 200 grain XTP JHP rounds...

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,932 Posts
Very nice thing to find under the tree this year. Good for you to gift that beauty to her.
My 30 yr. old daughter took a big liking to my SR9 and SR9E, After having her choice between the SR1911 and others she ended up with my SR9 that's how I ended with my 1911. Do not be shocked in her choice.
Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
14,209 Posts
She is going to love that pistol. It was my 3rd SR1911 after the full size and the CMD. It actually travels with me in the colder months and it a joy to shoot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts