Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just picked up a SR1911 and am interested in carrying it with me while hunting. Pesky boar might pose a problem with out this pistol. I want a hip holster with good retention but also quick access. I was looking at Fobus Paddle holsters but just wanted some more input. I know absolutely nothing about holsters so bear with me. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I personally prefer leather holsters. You can't go wrong with a Bianchi # 19. I have a chamios lined L/H for my Sr 1911.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Most people end up with a drawer full of holsters they tried and for one reason or another didn't like. I am one of them. My only advise is to pick something and try it.
I would try several styles, in the lower cost brands. When you find a style you like, then spend the money on a good brand. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Smithnframe! I do like the look and style, of the Bianchi only question is if it is comfortable to wear for long periods of time?

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Yep........I wear mine all the time. They also make some nice IWB holsters.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I might pick one up and see how I like it if not ill take hightech's advice and try some other one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I have a Fobus Paddle Holster for my SR1911 and I would not recommend it. All I can say is it's not user friendly. I made a mistake in buying it on-line without checking it out in real-life first. Live and learn...

I have since ordered a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level 2 holster for my SR1911. I did my homework this time and I feel confident this is the one that will do what I need. Check it out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts