Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Picked up my SR1911 today at my LGS. :D I made an internet purchase from the Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore in Ohio last Friday, 9/28 and it arrived this afternoon.

All I can say is "somebody pinch me" :eek: What else can I say that hasn't been said already by a new owner of one of these fantastic firearms. It's awesome!

Range report forthcoming ;)

Anyway I know there are some members who keep up with certain items on newly received SR1911's and I did say when mine came in I'd let you now about it.
The test casing in the little brown envelope was fired on August 28, 2012.
The little paper inspection ball on the frame below the slide was blue.
Do you need to know the serial number as well?

I truly hope anybody else out there who has ordered an SR1911 and who's now waiting for it to come in, as well as, anybody who is searching LGS's, Big Box Store's and On-Line for a copy...that your wait & search end soon! I know what that seemingly indefinate wait can be like.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations mate.
You knew it would turn up sooner or later. :D
Enjoy.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
JK55 - Great news! You've been jonesing for one for a long time. Glad you finally got yours. Since you're interested in such things last week I was in the LGS where I found my SR1911 back in December '11 (and where they've never had one since) and they had one in a display case. It was priced at $699 (seems fair) and I paid $739 for mine so prices are settling a bit. I had to smile though - it wasn't in the case with all the other Rugers. It was in the "special gun" case with the S&W Performance Center revolvers, a Dan Wesson, a Les Brown, a few Desert Eagles, and some collectables. Still a premium gun apparently!

Wave

P. S. The store had loads of Kimbers, Springfield Armory, and you name it 1911s all in their respective display cases with their brethren. The SR1911 gets cased with the custom 1911s that cost over $2K. Gotta love it!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I got mine 9-1-12 for 599.88 and it was test fired 8-20-12!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Enjoy. Get ready to start spending a lot more time at the range. :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just saw it advertised for the first time at my LGS for $699.99. I think I'm going to slide down Thursday and purchase one. Heard lots of good reports on here. I have a Springfield Mil-Spec in S.S. and it's no slouch. Congrats on getting one!

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Go ahead, you "made" my day. :D Congrats! Now put 500 rounds down the tube for a little break-in and you'll be in love.

FWIW, I took those purty wood grips off and put them back in the box. I replaced them with a Houge Wrap-Around Grip. (It helps to hang on to it.)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I call this BULLSHIT! I can not even find one under $700. Please tell me where you got it? I am desperate.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes with my new Ruger family member! Can't wait to take it for a spin on the range :D

gen2tegbo1,
Go on-line to The Sportsman Outdoor Warehouse and check them out. This is where I found the one I got and at the time, last Friday, they had several other SR1911's in stock. I really believe their prices could be negotiable and they are great to deal with. GOOD LUCK!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I call this BULLSHIT! I can not even find one under $700. Please tell me where you got it? I am desperate.
Gen2tegboi, Shoot Straight in Fort Myers had one available when I was in there last Friday (9/28) for $699. If you're desperate enough it may be worth the drive across the state. Better call first and make sure it's still there.

Wave

·
Registered
33 Posts
My LGS just sold their last one for $780 plus tax. Gun show here in town this weekend... I might pick one up but I'm looking to get a good carry gun and the Sig P290 is really appealing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I got mine for $629. My LGS could have capitalized on the fact that it was the only one they had gotten all year, but they didn't. The price was fair and they made a profit. I was more than ok with it.

Congrats on your new SR1911.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
OK, it's been 24 hours, no range report, no pics. I'm getting a funny feeling....... :D Did it take you that long to have a pic of your first born in your wallet????? :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, it's been 24 hours, no range report, no pics. I'm getting a funny feeling....... :D Did it take you that long to have a pic of your first born in your wallet????? :D
:D:D:D:D

I'll have to educate myself on the pix part with the "how to do's" first. :confused:

I'm planning on getting to the range this coming weekend. I hate it but with work and all that's the earliest I'll be able to go. Yep, I haven't retired yet, still active in the work force. Got about 3 more years to go before I can pull the plug.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
The LGS has a sale on them tomorrow for $619 till sat if they don't run out? Oh! I wish I had the scratch for this itch........:mad: Too many doctor bills all at once! If I see the doctor buying one I'm going to rob him!!!!:D
Poor Tony

1 - 20 of 20 Posts