Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On order through my local shop.
Did anyone have theirs on order before they were able to purchase and how long did it take to come in?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Ordered mine from my LGS in the middle of May this year...the gun arrived at mid-October.

Good luck I hope your wait is not too long ;)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm in Australia, ordered mine in December 2111.
Got mine in February 2012, it was a December "2011" model.
Pleased as with it..... :D

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I walked in a new gun shop in Shiner, TX early september of 2012 and there it was! Only the second one I had ever handled. I walked out with it about 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I didnt wait to long for mine, and you may not either, ruger is starting to catch up with demand, but a few months ago, it was like spotting a bigfoot :eek:!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
It took 4 months to receive mine. Ordered in August 11, received in December 11. Got it just in the nick of time so I could own a 1911 in the centennial anniversary of it's design.

Rschlos is right. I do see SR1911's in the display case every once in a while like a bigfoot sighting. The only problem is that in the blink of an eye, they're all sold.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got on my LGS' wait list three weeks ago. And, while chatting with the owner (a friend) he told me that he would have no hard feelings if I could find it sooner or cheaper OTD than what he could deliver.

Went to one of those hated online sites and started watching a number of auctions. Watched patterns of prices, starting bids, selling prices, etc.

Did this for about a week. Not glued to the screen. Just checked emails for alerts. And figured what my max bid would be to allow addition of transfer, shipping, taxes (yeah, taxes, taxes, taxes. Joker's gonna ger her pound of flesh) and still be good OTD.

Sunday morning, put in a bid with a max that was still way under my real max. Auction ended that afternoon. I had won it with the minimum bid. No other bidders.

Picked it up that Friday. Still under what my LGS could deliver OTD.

Two weeks total from getting serious about the hunt to in my hands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
they are out their, just keep searching. they will show up. if your on a list
somewhere, just when who knows. as Ed Zachary said. I was on a list at my
LGS and the wait was on. every time I would call to check the status on my order
they just said keep checking back or if i could find one they would do the
transfer, and that's just what I did. low and behold I found one, and at a great
price 599.00 mail and trasfer fees total 649.00 and had it in my hands july3.
3 days from the time I made the call till I picked it up.
I got on the waiting list in march, mine was the first one they had seen.
As far as I know they still haven't got any in, and their was only two of us
on the list at the time.

All I can say is don't give up. good things come to the one that do the search.
I have a fulltime smile on my face every time take it out to shoot.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I called and asked if my LGS had one. They did. I went down and got it the next day. We lived happily ever after. The End. LOL :D

I got mine right away. I was just lucky, he had just gotten 3 in the day before I called.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I shot the SR last week and it was sweet. It's on my list and hopefully they will be more available when that time comes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got on the LGS's list for an SR1911 in May 2012 and I was able to buy it the first week of October!

Well worth the wait as my purchase price was $549.99 + tax:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
They're starting to show up at many independent shops in my area now.

I picked one up about a month back. Just walked in and there it was. So far, so very good! Yea, I'll likely buy another one when I shoot the new off this one.

Shop around a bit, there's a few out there now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a fun story - a fella in the San Antonio bought 2 pistols to see which he liked best. The one he decided to sell on Texas Gun Trader was the SR 1911. II just happened on it, and the guy lived about 10 miles away. So I picked up a pistol, never fired, NIB. In fact the mag's were still in plastic. I already had a Ruger AR, which I absolutely love; so this one gets added to the stable. So, I got a brand new gun at a used price, no paperwork involved!

·
Registered
6 Posts
took 5 days to get mine here in central Florida...now I can't live without it. Best gun I've ever shot.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It has been about 1 month since I got on a list at one of the LGS's in my area. I got a call this afternoon that one will be in next Wednesday. It is mine if I want it. Price is $629.95 plus 6% sales tax. I have never seen one at any of the local shops yet - I guess they come in and are sold right away.
Well, this is my chance!! I can't really afford it right now - but I will probably get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts