Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS called me Saturday when they learned they will be getting a 1911 in on Wednesday. The price (paying cash) would be $630 plus tax. They will hold it for me until Friday without going in and putting anything down. They have only ever gotten a few in - so I can't really try and dicker with the price. It may not be a great deal but how does it compare with what they are going for elsewhere at LGS's.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,889 Posts
If it were me I'd run down and get it.The cheapest I've seen one is $699.00 at Academy...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
That's a good price. That's what I gave for mine back in mid Feb. I'd buy a second one if I could find it for that price again. You'll love that SR1911.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
Buy it! I paid MSRP for my GF's after trying to find one for almost 6 months.
Buy it and shoot the snot out of it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's a fair price in my opinion. I paid $649 on 3 may 11, two days after release. 18 months later, just over 10,000 rounds and I still think worth every penny.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, that is a great deal.

Three words: jump on it!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Paid under 600.00 in september for one in Shiner, TX.

·
Registered
815 Posts
A local Farm and equipment store just opened up a gun counter here and stopped in this afternoon. They have one on the shelf going for $649.00. Would jump on it but don't have the funds right now.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went ahead and called my LGS before they closed and told them I would take it - for sure. They had already put my name on it. I have bought several guns from them in the not too distant past so they knew I was good for it. I plan to pick it up on Friday.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
My LGS called me Saturday when they learned they will be getting a 1911 in on Wednesday. The price (paying cash) would be $630 plus tax. They will hold it for me until Friday without going in and putting anything down. They have only ever gotten a few in - so I can't really try and dicker with the price. It may not be a great deal but how does it compare with what they are going for elsewhere at LGS's.
That's a great price for you guys, get down and get it.....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would be there on Wednesday morning. I have had mine for 5 months and thinking of getting another one for my son.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You will love it !! I paid $649 for mine and waited over a year to get it . As far as I know it's still the only SR1911 to be shipped to any of the three gun stores it our city.
Let us know how it shoots ..

·
Registered
169 Posts
A very sweet shooting, cool looking 1911. 'Been carrying mine daily since spring, and have used it in a number of bowling pin matches, cleaning tables against all comers. Have been a 1911 fan since my days at Fort Polk and Cu Chi, and the Ruger is one fabulous gun, like no other, IMHO. You will like it. Check out my video for some helpful information on care and maintenance. SR1911 Disassembly and Reassembly by Wayne.wmv - YouTube

1 - 20 of 23 Posts