Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sr1911 back from Ruger (they replaced the extractor). It still has lots of FTFs. The first gun had a sloppy slide/frame fit so Davidsons replaced it with another... and that one sucked, sent it back and its still awful. Using good ammo and good mags (they all work flawlessly in my other six 1911s). GOing to try to get a refund so I can get a Springfield

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sorry to read you are having so much trouble with your SR1911 rail TALO. I don't blame you for going to something different.
In my case I was looking for a 1911 with a barrel length bwrmtween 4 and 4.5 inches. I looked at a number of pistols at my LGS and selected a SR1911 TALO. Night Watchman. It felt right and had a great trigger pull. There were only two things I wanted to change., the fixed Novak night sight and adding an ambi safety. I shipped it off to Novak and two weeks later I got it back. Works great, no problems with digesting any round I fed it. I tried some target loads caused two stove pipes during ejection out of 32 rounds. I upped the load and problem was solved. I went to adjustable sights because the sight was setup to have aim and bullet impact on at 7 yards. Beside being my CCW, I like to target shoot and steel plate shoot. The seven yard setup wasn't working for me. Now I adjust the sight to fit my type of shooting. I'm happy and feel very confident with my SR1911 NW.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Maybe I will avoid the rail gun for now. Was sort of thinking of one since green LASERs have gotten pretty cheap.

My experience with the SR1911 line has been very positive. I bought two SR1911s back in the fall of 2012 on sale for $599. One shoots a little better (or I can shoot it better) and I put Eagle Wing grips on it. The other one I have been letting friends shoot who want to try a 1911 so it has had all sorts of cheap ammo through it from whatever is cheapest at Walley World to Russian Steel stuff to reloads. Need a picture.

I sold the one I was letting guys shoot to a friend who had shot it several times before Christmas for $500.

I actually like the CMD size better. I got my first one in Jan 2013 and love it. I did get some new grips for it from Ruger as these are pretty popular down here and I wanted to easily tell mine from other guys at the range. Then in Feb. of this year I bought a Night Watchman and a few months ago now I bought the light weight CMD on the bottom.

Outside of grips I haven't changed anything on mine and they have gone bang all the time. Now one thing I do is look at them before I buy and all these came from LGSs. There is a variation. I know I looked at a 5 inch SR1911 in a LGS back in the summer of 2012. They wanted about $700 for it and I did not like the fit and finish on it so passed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts