Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many would not be particularly impressed with these results, but they were a personal best for me this past Friday, 10/5/12. These were offhand, 2-hand grip, shooting my reloads (230 grain Berry's plated RN, 5.0 grains Winchester 231).

I love my SR1911.

50 shots at 7 yards

14 Shots at 10 Yards

My SR1911

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Not a bad run at all, ya did good! Congrats :)

I'm trying to get the range this coming weekend to shoot my SR1911 for the first time. Hope I do as well as you did ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice group.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Good shooting from a great handgun.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice. Is that your carry gun?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know many would not be particularly impressed with these results, but they were a personal best for me this past Friday, 10/5/12. These were offhand, 2-hand grip, shooting my reloads (230 grain Berry's plated RN, 5.0 grains Winchester 231).

I love my SR1911.

50 shots at 7 yards

14 Shots at 10 Yards

My SR1911

Where did you get the finger grip for the frontstrap? I want one. I am tired of my fingers slipping around and having to re-grip all the time because of it

·
Registered
785 Posts
I like your style. I use the same recipe and bullets, and have the same finger groove insert.

Shooting the SR1911 never gets old. Good shooting

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Excellent shooting my friend. I love it when folks post target photos. A range report without a target to look at is like someone describing a beautiful sunrise!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Various

To those who asked...

Nope, the SR1911 is not my carry gun, at least not yet. I rotate between three others...a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, a Ruger LCP, and a S&W Model 640-1 Pro Series. I'm tending to favor the latter lately...a nice 2.125" bbl .357 revolver.

The grip insert is a Pearce grip insert. Easy to install. Cost on Amazon is $7.33, but it's $11 at the Pearce web site (Pearce Grips). I strongly recommend it!

And to the fellow reloader out there...amen, buddy. I went out to the range the day after these results, and couldn't come close to duplicating those results. Not only does lightning not strike twice, but I was using factory ammo that second time. Time will tell, but I think my own reloads are more predictable, controllable with respect to felt recoil, etc. Sure does give me an excuse to get out shooting more to test out that theory!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts