Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know many of you have already reported back on this gun but I just couldn't help showing off my target. I went out to the range this morning and took my MKIII 22/45 and the SR1911. I warmed up with a 100 rounds of CCI Mini mags and proceeded to shoot my SR1911. I had put exactly 500 trouble free rounds through this gun prior to this morning. I was shooting the Federal walmart special and brought a 100 rounds with me. Started out at 7 yards and the gun was boringly accurate. Kept moving it up until I put it at 20 yards. I truly thought I would be all over the target at this point but boy was I surprised. I have many guns and my Beretta 92 has always been the one to make me look good...until today. The SR1911 still amazes me and it truly is a pleasure to shoot. I left the range with a big grin on my face and cannot wait to take it out again.

P.S. I did have one FTF and it was due to one round that had the bullet seated in too deep. FYI, this is the second time I've noticed this with the Federal Walmart special.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Very fine shooting!! I love to see the target along with the report.Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
P.S. I did have one FTF and it was due to one round that had the bullet seated in too deep. FYI, this is the second time I've noticed this with the Federal Walmart special.

That is the same reason for my one FTF in over 500 rounds the sr1911. The bullet was seated about .093 deeper then the rest. It was wally world ammo.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nope, not at all, I have several targets hung up. I had the qualification target for my carry permit hung up in my shop for over a decade.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks everyone. Is it cheesy that I hung the target up above my workbench?:D
Absolutely not - If I get a particularly good target, I might stick it up for a while. I do save most of my targets (that is why I put all of the info on them) as a point of reference - whether I am getting better or worse with a particular weapon at certain distances.
Even if I have a bad day, I can look and see that I have done better!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Nice shooting with a nice pistol. Thanks for the report. They are outstanding firearms, aren't they. I have a Wilson Colt Combat Commander that my SR1911 compares favorably with. I like the 3 dot sights and the trigger pull is nearly as good as the Colt.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Very nice shooting. I see you put the same grips on yours that I put on mine, they look really nice. I think hanging your target up is cool.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again. I'm going shooting again tomorrow morning but will only be shooting rifles. Hopefully my day will be just as good.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is a beautiful looking 1911 and it's on my list after the SR9c. I wish I had saved the target from my ccw class.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
That gun is broken. Send it to me immediately for proper use... er, disposal. Yes, disposal. I'll await your reply.

Great target! Glad you had a good day at the range. :)

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Nope you can NOT..Unwriten rule No more than one GOOD day in a row.. save your ammo..<G>

wPm
Buffalo is right. You have to take a day off. Or shoot poorly. But you can't shoot great 2 days in a row. It's in the Ruger Forum by-laws. Somewhere near the back.

Just trust us.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I plan on papering a wall in my shop with used targets!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope you can NOT..Unwriten rule No more than one GOOD day in a row.. save your ammo..<G>

wPm
Buffalo is right. You have to take a day off. Or shoot poorly. But you can't shoot great 2 days in a row. It's in the Ruger Forum by-laws. Somewhere near the back.

Just trust us.
:eek: I guess I better stay home. I have actually decided to do just that. Staying home with my youngest while the wife and the 7 year old go have a girl's day :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts