Ruger Forum banner

Which Stocks Do You Prefer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my SR1911, but want to set it apart from the rest of the Ruger slabslides out there. Over the past few months, I've purchased some new grip panels.

I mistakenly ordered an extra pair of the Ruger Eaglewing stocks. But, they are both so different, I have had trouble getting rid of either of them. The multi-color grips are from RAASCO - the Timberland Dymondwood Double Diamond Checkered. They feature the very cool thumb-release bevel. They are the stickiest grips of the group, but are certainly unique. The black stocks are Ruger TALO 1911 stocks. Very cool. Very basic.

Which one (or two or three) do you like the best?

Ruger Cocobolo Eaglewings (Dark)

Ruger Cocobolo Eaglewings (Light)

RAASCO Timberland Dymondwood Double Diamond Checkered

Ruger TALO Black

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
The second set wins it for me by a pretty long shot. Man, those things look good! I gotta get a 1911...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry, I voted for all of them. They all look great to me, why dont you just keep them and swap them out every so often.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I voted for all of them. They all look great to me, why dont you just keep them and swap them out every so often.
I see brilliant mind think alike. The Fall stocks are the light brown Eaglewings. Winter will probably be the black Talos.

I have a better idea... Get three more SR1911s and let them all have their own set. :D
That IS a better idea! Then I'll have to get a left-side holster and a pair of shoulder holsters to carry them all. ;)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I voted dark, thought they looked the best.
#3 does absolutely nothing for me.....
The grip frame panels are the only thing I've changed.
I have several pairs and swap them out regularly.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Gotta go with the dark Rugers in cocobolo. The lighter one is ok, but I like the stock ones better.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Your input is greatly appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts