Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to locate a SA 1911-9130 only to find out that SA is no longer producing. I have other Rugers and love them. How well does the Sr1911 stackup vs the Sa1911?

Is the backstrap metal or plastic?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Been trying to locate a SA 1911-9130 only to find out that SA is no longer producing. I have other Rugers and love them. How well does the Sr1911 stackup vs the Sa1911?

Is the backstrap metal or plastic?
There is nothing on the SR1911 that's plastic. It's a solid 1911. It puts my Kimber (which costs 2X as much) to shame.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I have the SR1911 and the SA Range Officer. I got the RO for the adjustable sights and so that I could have two 1911s sighted in for different kinds of shooting.

Both have been excellent in all respects. The RO will shoot tighter groups - very tight and smooth gun, but it does have some sharp edges, especially on the safety. The SR is an ergonomic masterpiece - one of the most comfortable 1911s I've shot, yet. Not quite as tight a gun as the SA, but considering I'm up to 1500 rounds with not ONE malfunction on the gun's part, I can't complain. My SR would be the last gun I would ever sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts