Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here seen or bought an SR1911 recently? Here in Louisiana we have gun stores up the you know, but I don't think I have ever seen one in a store around here.

I haven't done an Internet search today, but normally when I look at the big Internet gun store sites, they are out of stock.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Some folk have waited over a year.
Others were more lucky; right place, right time.
It is getting better.
I only waited two months in AU.
In this climate, if you see one and the price is reasonable, grab it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
check out gunbroker
some have picked them up at a good price.
or as James6591 has said right place, right time.

good luck

mjd23

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James, don't mean to hijack my own thread, but what day and time is it where you live? It's 6:30 A.M. here on Sept. 20.

Hope I can find a Ruger 1911 soon! Glad you found one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just saw one in the classifieds here at RF. It's a NRA model and looks nice it was $750. Give it a look and good luck. :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,812 Posts
Bought a number of firearms using GunBroker.com and have been very happy with the experience. You don't get the instant gratification of walking out the store with it but when it comes to had to find items sometimes it's the quickest way. You should find 12 to 18 SR1911s offered for sale at any given time but most are around $700 plus shipping plus transfer fee costs so you may be around $750 when the dust settles. Of course you have pretty high sales tax in LA so an out of state purchase has some offset there.

Good luck!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Bought one about 3 weeks ago in Shiner, TX for the paltry sum of 596.88. It was only the second one I have seen since they first came out! Last saturday in Victoria, TX a LGS had one for 775.00!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My LGS in East TN is hosting Ruger Days this weekend and received 10 SR1911's...$599.00!
Looks like I'm going in debt.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My LGS in Fuquay, NC has had a few off and on. I happened to be in the shop about 3 weeks ago and they had 2 on hand. Owner said one was on hold for me but I told him to let it go as I already had my funds allocated to a Ruger Blackhawk .357 that was on order.
I really don't need another 1911 but one of these days I will probably end up with an SR1911.

GB45

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
bought mine from Gun World, in germantown wisconsin...$799.

full retail. worth every penny. its only money, i'll make more, and spend that too.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just picked mine up at my local cabelas, waited 3 days, they get the largest percentage of firearms, if you have a cabelas near by, give them a call.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also in the market for a SR1911, but can wait until January-March time frame seeing I just purchased four different firearms in the past month. These 1911s are incredible!

·
Registered
540 Posts
My LGS in East TN is hosting Ruger Days this weekend and received 10 SR1911's...$599.00!
Looks like I'm going in debt.
Where? I just may have to make a quick run to JC, or Betsytown, or WHEREVER and arrange to have a package shipped across the mountain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just found an SR1911 in the wild... err... Bud's Guns in Lexington, KY.

Preowned for $750. No thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kingsport. Ad was in today's paper.
I tracked it down to the Gun Rack last night (I live in NC, so I don't get any TN papers).
Talked to Sally right after they opened this morning. She told me she had a couple left, but was adamant that I would have to pay both TN and NC sales tax, which would put the price out the door at just over what I would pay at my LGS when they get one in. I'm the only one on the list there...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts