SR1911

4K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  mortimer94 
#1 ·
Here a few of my SR1911's...center gun is 9mm which is my favorite to shoot
Capt Jack

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

See less See more
#7 ·
I too love the 1911, and nothing out there just feels the same to me. I shot the 1911 in the Navy and fell in love with it. I think I just like the recoil and knowing I am throwing all the mass out the other end. When I bought this one I did it by the balance in my hand and tightness. I selected this one over other more expensive 1911's
I have the same 1911 as your above right 1911; I love mine. I recently got to compare the tolerances of this/my factory Ruger 1911 to a Wilson. Apparently I got a good one. my frame to slide wiggle is close, estimated to be within .002. My barrel extended inside the bushing about the same. slide racked back and pressed down, no wiggle on either. And there is no rattle when it is shaken. The gun store guys did it with me, were shocked and said you really don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good 1911. Of course the base model 1911 Ruger does not have a ramped barrel, but that is about it.
I bought it used 3 years ago. it was built in 2013. I have put over 5,000 rounds through it in the last 10 months and I feel lucky.
Here is mine. And my wife's Charter Arms .32 Magnum
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

#8 ·
The SR-1911 would be just about perfect if they'd just get rid of that stupid warning on the bottom of the frame. I give them credit for putting it in a discrete area but a 1911 isn't a gun for the lawyers.

I don't know who originally wrote this but it deserves repeating.

"Cocked and locked? Isn't that dangerous?"
"Hell yeah it's dangerous! That's why I carry it"

#13 ·
My favorite 1911 is my Ruger. I didn't care for the laser printing on the slide so I had this done and sandblasted to give it a battleship gray matte finish. Put the arched msh on as well because when I would go to the arms room to draw a sidearm it wasn't a 9mm. I told y'all I was a grey-haired old fat guy.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

#15 ·
I agree those black chevrons on the faux-ivory look absolutely... uhh... different - and that is the nicest way I can put it, lol.

I lusted after one of those Talo 10mm SR1911's for a long time but could never come to terms with those grips. I know, I know, they are the easiest thing to change out on a pistol but I didn't want to spend SR1911 type money for something that I hated right out the box.

#16 ·
The gun shop where I bought the pistol used said it had been on the shelf for several months, mainly because nobody liked the grips. I thought they were possibly the ugliest I'd ever seen. I offered him $200 less than he had it marked for, he rubbed his chin and countered with $150 less. I rubbed my chin a minute or two, and agreed, if it was the out the door price. He reached for a 4473 and handed me a pen, I pulled out my wallet. Price came to about $675 out the door, so I felt pretty good. I ordered the grip panels from Amazon for $40. That was three years ago.

#20 ·
No 1911. If I had bought one with those, I would have probably kept them on it...White grips on black guns look good.....;)

#29 ·
Mine started something.. Now i have several 1911s.
Looking at that service order... it appears they fired the gun 23 times. Why 23? I don't presume you necessarily know but it's picking at my brain.

I find it curious why they went to 23.
Why didn't they stop at 20, a nice round number?
Or 21 shots for three magazines of seven rounds?
Or why not 24? (3 mags loaded 7+1 and topped off or 3 mags with 8 round capacity)
Why not 25 to say they shot half a box of ammo?
Did the penny pinchers demand '23' so they could say they shot 'almost half a box of ammo'?

Did they shoot it off topped off 7+1 twice and then decide to load one more mag without topping off for good measure?

The world may never know but I can't help but wonder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.