Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought the SR22 -- sweet little gun -- shoots as well as my MKIII 22/45Have put about 200 rounds through it with only a few FTF. I looked real close to the magazine and think this may have been the problem. The mag looks wider than it needs to be and the rounds seems to be mis-aligned. But all in all a great piece. Just added the crimson trace lazer to it and this just adds to the looks and fireability of the gun.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hi Prostreetr1
I've got 2 SR22's the secret to the mags is pull the follower down for each round and when the mag is fully loaded slap the back of the mag aganist your palm to make sure all the rounds are fully seated to the rear of the mag. Yes they are great little plinkers .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sr22

Thanks -- I did that and it seemed to work perfectly. Just thought it could be a little narrower to allow the rounds to sit evenly. But that is small potatoes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!! I absolutly love mine......got it for economical range time and it more than fits the bill....I too had some fail to feeds (usually on the second round in the mag), but considering the ammo I am using (cheapest I can find) I am not that surprised.....each time I was able to re-rack and fire the round.......This is a great little gun and it fires everything I have put in it so far (true to the hype).....Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enoyed mine....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Prostreetr1
I've got 2 SR22's the secret to the mags is pull the follower down for each round and when the mag is fully loaded slap the back of the mag aganist your plam to make sure all the rounds are fully seated to the rear of the mag. see they are great little plinkers .
Thanks -- I did that and it seemed to work perfectly. Just thought it could be a little narrower to allow the rounds to sit evenly. But that is small potatoes.
I too noticed the rounds sort of sitting in the mag in a staggered random fashion - unlike any of the other semi-auto .22 pistols I have. I have been doing the "slap the mag" thing and have had no problems other than an occasional ammo related issue.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think most gun mags out there regardless of caliber are staggered when you load ammo into it. If they weren't I think the grips of many guns would be really long.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your new SR22, I got a SR22-CT one about a month ago and have put 1055 rds downrange with no malfunctions or problems whatsoever...A great shooter...ENJOY

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, don't worry about the staggered look of the rounds in the mag....it's how it was designed. It throws lotsa folks off at first : )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, don't worry about the staggered look of the rounds in the mag....it's how it was designed. It throws lotsa folks off at first : )
From what I've read, it's so the feed angles are correct... 200 round through my new one without an issue...First gun...Love it!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum Modshack. Lots of interesting discussion and a lot to be learned and shared.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts