Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain this?

Ruger SR22 pistol mystery - YouTube

I finally had it fail for me once but that's all. I have tried modifying her hold, squeezing the trigger fast, slow, hard, soft... it will not fire double action for her. Our other SR22 pistol works just fine for her.

I'll send it back to Ruger soon... but I was hoping the problem would get worse before I did in case it worked perfectly for them.

I guess I could ship the gun and my daughter to them. :)

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
The stars must not be lined up right. :eek:

Reminds me of my Mom. She can shoot my SR22 all day long with no trouble at all. Then she picks hers up and and it's constant fail to feed problems. Then I pick hers up and no trouble at all. :confused:

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I was wearing the same perfume... err... uhh... maybe that's it, I don't wear perfume.

:p
I hope it was the perfume cuz my next suggestion was gonna be underwear....

I've watched it four times. Once I thought it was cuz she didn't have a round chambered and then she handed it to you. I heard you chamber a round. A bit later, though, she handed you the SR22 right after it wouldn't fire and then it fired for you.

I dug out my SR22, trying to see if grip can affect the firing. Can't see that, so it must be either perfume, underwear or ????

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt chamber a round the first time, I just did a chamber check and one was in the chamber. I've tried every way I know to hold it, tight, loose, pressure on the mag release etc... Keep in mind, we have 2 of these pistols and the other one works perfect for her.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interesting.

I've not seen that, but I have experienced another "maybe related" situation.

We have a SR22P, and a Mark III 22/45 Lite.

Both are nice pistols. However, I can't shoot as accurately with the SR22P as I would like, and Pam can't shoot as accurately with the 22/45 as she'd like.

But we can swap guns, and both of us are VERY happy. I'd just accepted it as a hand size/grip size thing. I still think that's our case.

What I saw on your video... I have no explanation at all for that.

If you figure it out, I'd like to hear about it.

Duane

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
She has a watch on her right hand and you don't? ;)

(I know people who would say its because her energy forces are different than yours...)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It reminds me of when in training for my Department, a revolver is used and in order to show that it can't go off on its own, the hammer is dropped with the finger off the trigger. It seems the timing of the internals are affected. Why only with her is indeed a mystery.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's a mans gun. Doesn't like women.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Along with everyone else, I sure can't explain it, but I don't think I'd waste the time to send it in to Ruger. What do you tell them? You can't really say it's broke. Just paint the other one pink and tell her to only use it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts