Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, don't have any problems or questions. Just picked one up this afternoon and my son in law and I put 300 or so rounds through it without any problems. Used some CCI mini mags, Norma, and a box of federal match and they all ran smooth. I'm very happy with the little 22 and would recommend it to anyone.

The trigger is a little stiff in double action, but smoothed up a bit during the afternoon, and single action was very good. It only took a few minutes to field strip and was easy to clean. It sure is nice getting a gun and having it perform well right out of the box. We did have one hic-up in the 10/22 with the Norma but other than that....it was a great afternoon.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats. Love shooting the big calibers, but sometimes a day with .22 LR is a ton of fun!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was us today. We just brought the SR22, 10/22, bunch of magazines, and more ammo than I've shot at one sitting in quite a while. It was a blast.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I love my SR22 ... no issues mechanically speaking ... it does not like the bulk Federal and Winchesters ...

Loves the Golden Bullets from Remington ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
And so do I

The only issues I had were:
- with Aguila ammo (it doesn't like it at all)
- due to my gunsmith when I brought him to thread the barrel (he re-polished the chamber and then it's ok)
Sometimes I have FTF, and I don't clean it untill I shoot 500 rounds

Here CCI are more expensive than European ammo, so I shoot mostly Geco semi-auto, S&B std and RWS club or target pistol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congratulations, it's a great gun. Mine just passed 10k rounds and it works better than ever. It likes CCI, Remington golden, and aguila....winchester, not so much- lots of FTEs. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love mine. It is great fun to shoot. But, it is very picky about ammo. The only rounds it consistently fires are CCI Minimags and Rem. Golden Bullets.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just picked mine up this afternoon. I have 5 different makes of 22 ready to go for Friday morning. It is a neat little pistol. Hope it shoots as well as it looks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just picked mine up this afternoon. I have 5 different makes of 22 ready to go for Friday morning. It is a neat little pistol. Hope it shoots as well as it looks.
5 different 22 pistols or 5 types of ammo? Either way.......you'll have a heck of a good time. I had almost forgotten how much fun a 22 pistol can be.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have had mine since they were first released. I replaced the guide rod with a metal one and haven't had any problems with it. I did this mostly for looks, but it did make the slide fit better.

This is one handgun that I will never let go, just too much fun!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife bought one of these sr22. I really like the thing. Only wish the ammo would loosen up so that we could shoot it more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love mine too but it only cycles CCI MiniMags reliably. Otherwise lots of FTF and FTE's. It definitely doesn't like Winchester or Federal.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm thinking about the SR22 with the 4.5 barrel as my first handgun purchase. I haven't heard a bad word about them on the net. Seems some of you can only shoot the mini mag? I'm a CCI fan, is there a problem with Blazers, AR Tactical, or the Standard Velocity ammo?

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I'm thinking about the SR22 with the 4.5 barrel as my first handgun purchase. I haven't heard a bad word about them on the net. Seems some of you can only shoot the mini mag? I'm a CCI fan, is there a problem with Blazers, AR Tactical, or the Standard Velocity ammo?
My SR22 does not like Federal and Winchester. Everything else it just gobbles up!
Would love the 4 1/2" barrel model in my stable of guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one, slightly used (less than 200 rnds) Still looks like new. I'm hoping to get the wife to try it out this weekend. I will post results next week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Everything I read over the past year paved the way for this purchase. I've had my SR-22 with the 4.5 inch barrel for a couple of weeks and a couple of visits to the range. Just dead on with the reviews, this was a perfect purchase. Breaking it in with CCI Blazers, 1235 fps, and performs flawlessly. Frog lubed and ready for the next outing, just a nice looking, reliable straight shooter.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Everything I read over the past year paved the way for this purchase. I've had my SR-22 with the 4.5 inch barrel for a couple of weeks and a couple of visits to the range. Just dead on with the reviews, this was a perfect purchase. Breaking it in with CCI Blazers, 1235 fps, and performs flawlessly. Frog lubed and ready for the next outing, just a nice looking, reliable straight shooter.
I would love to get the new longer barrel model ... till then the 3 1/2 will suffice ...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts