Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

New to the forum so hello. I just picked up a SR22 for more economical fun at the range. Fun little gun. First range session was great, 200 rounds, no FTF or FTE with 36gr plated hp's.

After getting home I noticed the slide was out of alignment with the receiver. Not sure why I didn't notice it before but the slide racks fine, fired fine and seemed to be reasonably on target.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TOjNAaeU-oY/UJWzEgJVPmI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/HrzN4538eiQ/s512/IMG_0726.jpg

Can any other SR22 owners tell me if this is normal or do I need to talk to Ruger?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Now that's a little odd looking, because mine is centered. Did you remove the slide prior to shooting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I did a quick field strip and didn't notice anything odd. I did have some issues getting the slide off due to many lack of experience with secured barrels.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hmmm! That does not look right. You may need to see if the barrel is secured straight if not see if you can unscrew it and realign.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Mine lines up fine so I would talk to Ruger. It might work at the moment but could cause problems down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Submitted pics online to Ruger so we will see. It really looks like the barrel is offset in the receiver and changing the angle via the screw will not do anything.

Do I have to go through FFL to ship back to Ruger?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Thanks. Submitted pics online to Ruger so we will see. It really looks like the barrel is offset in the receiver and changing the angle via the screw will not do anything.

Do I have to go through FFL to ship back to Ruger?
NO.

Once Ruger contacts you, ask them for the shipping label. They will email that to you. Then you either take it to a special UPS office (not usually the local retail UPS shipping store.. although some have used that when the employees don't ralize what they are shipping) or arrange for the UPS driver to come to your home for pick up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome aboard from a native of the Old Dominion now living in Atlanta, glad to have you with us. I have a SR 22 and love it.

Now is the time to resolve any problem, or potential problem with your SR 22 and the Ruger folks are a pleasure to deal with.

Cheers,

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good luck valentino.....Ruger has taken care of me 2x all ready once on my SR9 and once on my SR22. Both times gun came back with issue fixed and with Ruger cleaning cloth as a thank you. They are pleasant to deal with. Turnaround 7-10 days usually. When Ruger tells you to ship...put in the nylon case it came in and with one mag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perfect, thank you. From what I hear, Ruger Customer Service is top-notch. My only complaint is I'm back to shooting my 9mm ammo at .25 cents/rd!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Perfect, thank you. From what I hear, Ruger Customer Service is top-notch. My only complaint is I'm back to shooting my 9mm ammo at .25 cents/rd!
Have you sent your SR22 back to Ruger?

I only ask, as I have noticed that my slide is off to the same direction as yours and not centered. I have shot about 400 rounds through it and actually never thought it was that big of a deal. I am curious if Ruger thought it was a big deal, though.

FWIW your slide looks worse than mine. My slide may barely touch the frame on one side, or barely miss it (it's tough to tell). Certainly the gaps aren't symmetrical though. Yours, unfortunately, looks twice as far off. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have an update. I sent the pistol back to Ruger using a Next Day Air UPS label they provided. After looking at the alignment issue, they have decided to replace the pistol and send me out a new one with no questions asked. I expected them to at least say the alignment issue could be adjusted using the barrel screw but they didn't bring that up at all.

Mine shot fine too and I didn't notice any alignment issues at the range or when racking the slide. I guess I'll have to wait to see how the new one looks when I get it this weekend. I'll post another update on how the new one looks to compare.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya know, the alignment on my SR22 is off also. Doesn't seem to affect the function, although I am getting some wear on the slide near the slide stop. Hmmm.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Bought my SR22p last January, has had over 1800 rounds fired without any problems whatsoever. Checked slide alignment on it and found it to be perfectly centered, hope your replacement is equally nice, they are great little pistols.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ya know, the alignment on my SR22 is off also. Doesn't seem to affect the function, although I am getting some wear on the slide near the slide stop. Hmmm.
patbelly
Check the back of your slide stop as some of them have a sharp back top edge which some of us have very lightly sanded down. I did both of mine before there was any ware on the slide and both of mine have about 2000 rds thru them with no signs of ware.

·
Registered
48 Posts
patbelly
Check the back of your slide stop as some of them have a sharp back top edge which some of us have very lightly sanded down. I did both of mine before there was any ware on the slide and both of mine have about 2000 rds thru them with no signs of ware.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Done. Nice and smooth. I hope.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is amazing is that I put over 250 jacketed rds through the SR22 before I noticed the alignment issue. Even with the alignment being off, there was no damage to the slide or receiver and the pistol was shooting in good groups.

I can't wait to get it back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts