Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the SR22, first outing at the range. Did a mix of Winchester and Blazer bulk, total 210 rounds, had two fail to fire with the winchesters, other wise no problems with the gun, really really nice, I like the SR22. I tried changing the grips but could not get the thins ones off, I have no problem with the slim grip have big hands but I'll probably leave on so if I ever get the wife to shoot she'll find it will fit her fine.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats! You'll love it I'm sure.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Love the SR22, first outing at the range. Did a mix of Winchester and Blazer bulk, total 210 rounds, had two fail to fire with the winchesters, other wise no problems with the gun, really really nice, I like the SR22. I tried changing the grips but could not get the thins ones off, I have no problem with the slim grip have big hands but I'll probably leave on so if I ever get the wife to shoot she'll find it will fit her fine.
Great range day! we always start the 1st 20 minutes or so of every range visit shooting the SR22p.

On the grip issue, it can be tough. I have found if you apply constant pulling pressure it will come off. It takes more than a few seconds. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just yank that sucker off there. When I first got mine I was very weary of just pulling it off, but you won't hurt it...it's a RUGER! As for the grip size, my girlfriend seems to prefer the larger grip. I like it as well. Either way it's the most fun gun I have to shoot and I hope you love yours as much as I do mine!

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I'm always happy when I get a chance to shoot my SR22. It eats everything (of course you will get a failure or 2 now and again). One can shoot that thing until its beyond dirty. It is one of Rugers best yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a problem getting mine off as well. Ended up putting on a pair of thin work gloves that gave me a little better grip so that I could maintain pulling on it easier. Finally got it off. Fits my wifes hand better and mine as well. I have had this gun for a few weeks now and have put about 500 rounds through it. Only problem has been couple (4) failure to feed on a few low powder rounds and about 4 failure to fire. On the failure to fire, had good firing pin strikes. Rotated the rounds and they did fire. All were Remington Gold. For ammo that my 10-22 hates, I have been surprised how well the SR22 eats it.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
My SR22 grip was also differcult to remove but eventually it came off, the larger grips fits my long fingers better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts