Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not crazy about the rear sight mechanism on the SR22. I have to adjust mine almost all the way up to be on target but then occasionally the screw comes out. I'm sure I could locktite the screw, but is there a better aftermarket alternative to this flippy rear sight?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I haven't had a problem with mine moving. But when I first bought it, it was so far off. I had to aim for the lower left corner of my target paper to hit the center of the target!

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you haven't already, rest the gun when shooting to verify that it really does shoot very low. If it shoots low then, give Ruger a call. You shouldn't have screws working loose because you have to adjust the sight to it limits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't already, rest the gun when shooting to verify that it really does shoot very low. If it shoots low then, give Ruger a call. You shouldn't have screws working loose because you have to adjust the sight to it limits.
Solid advice. I'll get another chance to shoot it this weekend, so I'll try it on a rest and see what's up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts