Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions? Is there any real benefit to the captured recoil spring on the Galloway model, or at least benefit worth an extra $10? I know they're quite a reputable manufacturer, but not many people seem to have an opinion on the quality of GSG Pro.... thoughts?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I bought a guiderod for my SR22P from GSGPro and it works fine. You just have to seat the spring on the guiderod. No problem. I'm very satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought the guide rod replacement from GSGPro. It has performed flawlessly, and the quality is great. Haven't seen anyone with the Galloway Precision replacement yet. Sometimes the slide catches as you are trying to reassemble after a field strip, but the stock plastic rod did the same. I wonder if the captured spring on the Galloway one helps with this, but it really isn't that big of an issue with me. Not sure if the Galloway is really worth the extra $10.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the GSG as well.
I thought my gun actually went together easier--mine always seemed to catch on the plastic guide rod.

Don't have to worry about chewing up the seat for the spring now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am freakin' AY-MAZED! When so many times the world goes Charlie Foxtrot.

I ordered the SS guide rod from GSG on Friday, on the internet after 17:00 my time. On Saturday I got an E-mail that said it had been shipped. I thought sure, automated answer :rolleyes:.

This morning, the tracking for USPS said "out for delivery". At 10:00AM, I had my new guide rod in hand.

OUT FREAKIN' STANDING SERVICE!!! I knew the plastic rod would hang up on reassembly, and I often had to fiddle with it get it together. The new rod makes all the difference in the world. It goes back together smooth as butta.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Great info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As fast1075 mentioned, Galloway was out of stock, so I ordered the GSG guide. Should be here tomorrow.... can't wait to install.

On a second note, the bottom of Galloway's SR22 page says they have a whole mess of performance products coming out in the coming months for the SR22... can't wait to see what they'll have for us!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Any opinions? Is there any real benefit to the captured recoil spring on the Galloway model, or at least benefit worth an extra $10? I know they're quite a reputable manufacturer, but not many people seem to have an opinion on the quality of GSG Pro.... thoughts?

Get the Gallowat, You a metal guide rod....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it today and installed it!

Polished up the new guide rod, the barrel, and the feed ramp.... damn she cycles like she's on air. Different is night and day! Highly recommended that everyone get one of these guide rods and do the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts