Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Ruger SR22 today, pretty nice rifle, a bit pricy but nice. I didn't see any comment about it within the last few months, does anybody have one? Any range reports to share?

I sure looked like the basic 10/22 with a plastic butt and grip until I got it in my hands. It had what looked like a forged receiver and other nice parts.

It was next to a H&K AR clone type) that also was VERY nice, but $100 more.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Same receiver and everything else under that housing. Looked at one but not into the whole "tactical" thing so I passed on by. Can't see where they'd shoot much different than the rest.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BlkHawk73. Any owners out there?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think SR22 = 10/22 + some cosmetics. I love the 10/22 but wouldn't pay for the extra tactical look. I would rather build a 10/22 to my liking.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I do believe I read in the owners manual that the tactical barrel that comes on the SR22 can't shoot stingers because it may have the same internal specs as the target barrel....

I can't confirm this for sure at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got one. Fun to shoot but hates Federal ammo. Same thing as a 10/22 minus the stock. I was between the ruger and the smith and wessin but couldnt see dropping so much on a plastic gun. The weight of the sr22 leads to nearly zero recoil too.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I bought one for my boy to learn on. He loves it and I really like it too. I have three other 10/22's that are more or less stock, so I don't have to choose between the two types. To me the SR22 is much more solid than the plastic type stock models. I will admit though that I have plans to make up a light weight 10/22 with a tapco stock for my wife. She is shoot a Compact model right now, but likes the pistol grip on the SR22.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the reports and sorry I had not checked back for a few days, been in and out of the hospital. I'd much rather be shooting. :D

I really liked the way it felt to me too. My wife has recently had shoulder surgery and will not be able to shoot anything with much recoil for a while. I'm hoping this has enough weight to make it agreeable for her.

Our LGS is having a 10% off sale this weekend and I'm planning to snag one.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I haven't tried the factory SR22, but a friend of mine in South Africa asked me to obtain a Nordic Components chassis for his 10-22. The Nordic chassis is what is fitted to the SR22 as I am led to believe.

I bought the item for him and duly fitted it when I went over to visit him.

While I am not hugely into the tactical thing, I would say his rifle felt very good with it fitted and handled nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts