Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

How much side to side play to you have at the rear of the slide? I expect some but I'm trying to get a feel for what is normal.

After sighting in with the laser I discovered I may have to drift the sights a bit to get them "on" and there's enough movement that I'll have to go for an average to set the sights.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I would say that mine is about that, maybe less. Out of curiosity I went to Cabelas and looked at the four that they had on display. They all were about the same as mine so mine is not out of spec. I also went to the range today and really focused in on accuracy with the laser and open sights and its relationship to the slide. It turns out that I was over thinking the issue rather than just shooting the gun. When cocked, some of the "play" is taken up by tension and what is left does not seem to effect the practical accuracy of the SR. It's not intended to be a target gun but yet I managed to get some very nice groups out of the laser AND the open sights. This tells me that I was really concerned about nothing.

Time to take another "chill pill".......:)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts