Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyon,

I just bought a second hand SR22 and was shooting bulk federal ammo with it. Everything worked fine but mid magazine the slide lock would engage and not load the next cartridge. It ejected fine and when I pressed the slide release it picked up the next round properly and was ready to fire.

After this happened a few times I found that if I rested my thumb on the slide release I wouldn't have this problem.

Does it just need some better cleaning and lubrication? I'm not very experienced with gun maintenance and repair so any help is welcomed!

Thanks!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,679 Posts
It sounds like an issue with your grip. Your thumb is likely engaging the slide stop while shooting. Either concentrate on keeping your thumbs well clear of the lever, or ride it like you found works for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like an issue with your grip. Your thumb is likely engaging the slide stop while shooting. Either concentrate on keeping your thumbs well clear of the lever, or ride it like you found works for you.
I just got back from the range and tried what you said. Having my thumb clear of the slide release caused the issue repeatedly. Resting my thumb on the release fixes the problem sure but it’s still not functioning properly and I would like it to be fixed.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,679 Posts
I just got back from the range and tried what you said. Having my thumb clear of the slide release caused the issue repeatedly. Resting my thumb on the release fixes the problem sure but it’s still not functioning properly and I would like it to be fixed.
Well we ruled out the grip theory. With the magazine removed is there spring pressure holding the slide release in the "down" position? It should move up when you push it, but snap back down when you let go. The stronger magazine spring should should only overpower that spring tension when the magazine follower reaches the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts