Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out beside the house this afternoon - a grey, windy, nasty day. I decided to try the "aim small / miss small" approach today as I have found it helpful in the past. I may not have exactly "missed small". The target is a 5.5" bulls-eye. I was shooting off-hand two hand hold @ 25 yards. Except for the 2 hits that were off the target (circled in red), I was happy with the results. CCI Mini-Mag ammo...10 rounds.

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
Dave ... At 25 yards that 5.5" target looks pretty darn small :). I'd say for a gray windy day you did pretty good ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice shooting WVDave, I'm surprised you could even see it at that distance...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
At 25 yards with my SR22P, I'm constantly getting 1" groups.....

Wait is that my alarm clock ringing? Yup, I was dreaming. ;)

Good shooting WvDave.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Even though the weather wasn't too good, it's a good idea to practice in such conditions every once in a while. Makes for a very interesting day to see how a person can match up with mother nature. I found a really nice Bulldog holster for mine to fit into which I truly like the idea of having the extra magazine availability if I were out in the woods with it. I also really enjoy my SR22 and I would like to eventually get a fiberoptic front sight for mine. The older I'm getting it's just the right fix for me.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Looks like good shooting to me considering the conditions. I should do so well.

I'm going to buy an SR22 very soon. It just sounds too good to do without.

·
Registered
630 Posts
At 25 yards off hand, that is some dang good shooting! nice job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts