Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they still failing?

I have 600+ rounds on my original "O" Ring, with no signs of wear on the takedown lever.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good, and I noticed I posted the OP at 5:34 am today when I was still napping. Maybe my "clock" needs to be reset?

Yer it says 8:18 when it's 11:18 here EST

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up an SR22PBT today and noticed the date on the test fire round was December 2012 and there was a little red dot sticker on the slide. I was wondering if the dot had any meaning such as maybe a revision or something.

Peace,
Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up an SR22PBT today and noticed the date on the test fire round was December 2012 and there was a little red dot sticker on the slide. I was wondering if the dot had any meaning such as maybe a revision or something.

Peace,
Mark
My SR22 had a test fire date in January 2013 and had a blue dot sticker. May have to do with the month or maybe day of the week the gun was manufactured. Just a guess..

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thousands of rounds through mine and it's cleaned after every range trip. No problems..... :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
My SR22 had a test fire date in January 2013 and had a blue dot sticker. May have to do with the month or maybe day of the week the gun was manufactured. Just a guess..
Thanks. I had too much to do today so was unable to play :( Plan on putting a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend.

Peace,
Mark

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just bought a brand new PBT last week. I put 300 rounds through it so far. It ate Remington Thunderbolts, CCI Mini Mags, and CCI Standards. No hiccups at all, except for one. On the 19th round (I was shooting 20 per target/manufacturer), the slide and guide rod came flying off and out. After that, no problems. I do not think I hit the release with my forward thumb while shooting, so I believe that I never properly seated it the night before after takedown. It was almost comical, and I was pretty embarrassed. As it was flying, I thought I was going to have to ask everyone to cease fire as i went down range to retrieve it. As it turned out, it landed a foot away beneath the shelf in front of me. I count my blessings, because I am guessing an operator error like that can be hazardous to ones health. So far I love my SR-22!!! Prior to purchase, I actually called Ruger's CS dept. and spoke with a tech about the takedown lever problem. My understanding is that the original pin was made of plastic and has been replaced with metal. He seemed pretty confident that all the pistols that were problematic were repaired and that they would continue to fix any and all that came back. Hope you get thousands of rounds and years of enjoyment out of yours.
ps I ordered a new stainless guide rod from GSG Pro read that the factory one is plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts