Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go to the range today with my sr40c and Full size sr40. Sr40c ran fine but the Sr40 kept not extracting the spent case. ( Like it wasn't even grabbing it? Has anyone had this problem?? I'm thinking it was my ammo too tho. 8 gr. of HS-6 with a 155 gr. berry's bullet. But, when I switched to 5.5 gr. of AA No.5 and a Lee 175 gr. TC. that I cast myself the problem. seemed to go way. Any ideas??
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
303 Posts
So, I go to the range today with my sr40c and Full size sr40. Sr40c ran fine but the Sr40 kept not extracting the spent case. ( Like it wasn't even grabbing it? Has anyone had this problem?? I'm thinking it was my ammo too tho. 8 gr. of HS-6 with a 155 gr. berry's bullet. But, when I switched to 5.5 gr. of AA No.5 and a Lee 175 gr. TC. that I cast myself the problem. seemed to go way. Any ideas??
Thanks Dave
Mine does the same. Last time out I fired 150 rounds. The only issue I had was it stripped the bullet from the magazine but the bullet lodged nose up on the slide. I dropped the magazine, racked it, the round popped out, and it pulled the next one out no problem. Oddly enough my friend who also owns an SR40 never has jams, or any other issues.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have read of several issues involving rounds not feeding on SR40's. Problems were related to extractors having to be replaced by Ruger, new guns that were not cleaned and oiled before use and the old "limp rist". I own an SR40 and have not shot any reloads thru her, but have run Federal 180 grain FMJ, Winchester 180 grain FMJ and TulAmmo 180 grain FMJ and have had no feeding or extracing issues since out of the box.

·
Registered
407 Posts
check the extractor. its a MIM part and mine snapped at 120 rounds. if its every round contact Ruger CS. Been fine ever since sending back for repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts