Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am being paranoid. After taking down my gun a few times it seems to me the slide does not fit to body as close as I think it should. When I look at gun from side there is slight gap that I can see spring. There is slight play when I push down on slide against body. Magazine pushed back in to reset release lever. My Walt her PPS has slight play by not same extent. I understand there will be some but I think seeing recoil spring makes me nervous.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
It's probably fine. All the pressure is internal to the slide and barrel. Slide to frame fit isn't as critical as most people think it is.

BTW - Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Its fine. There is a gap b/t the frame and slide toward the front. That has no bearing on how the gun operates or shoots. The spring is being held in place by the slide and barrle lug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really appreciate the quick replies. Forums are great for more experienced people in touch with people, well like me!! Great forum.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Keep in mind, I have near 3000 rounds through my SR40, no failure of any kind. They're great firearms.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Keep in mind, I have near 3000 rounds through my SR40, no failure of any kind. They're great firearms.
Have you had to adjust your rear site any? Mine is now shooting to the right and low. When I first got it , it was dead on, but now it is off several inch on the target.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Have you had to adjust your rear site any? Mine is now shooting to the right and low. When I first got it , it was dead on, but now it is off several inch on the target.
Mine is off a little high and right. I never seem to remember to take tools to adjust it at the range. One of these days ... :D

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
yeah mine shot slightly to the right(2"?)Adjusted it on it's first trip to the range. Any new gun I always run it's first rounds off a rest and confirm the sights.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
yeah mine shot slightly to the right(2"?)Adjusted it on it's first trip to the range. Any new gun I always run it's first rounds off a rest and confirm the sights.
I think maybe the guy doing the sights on the SR40c's might be a little cross-eyed! :D

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
LOL, could be! Mine was at least minute of bad guy but didn't take much to get a bullseye!!!LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts