Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the indoor range yesterday and ran 100 rounds of WWB through it. As usual, it ate it all without a hiccup of any kind. I've got well over 1000 rounds through my SR40 and have only one FTE. (Bad case, not the pistol's fault) This is one great shooting gun. Thought I'd put up a "good news" post for a change. Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Agree, I have had mine for over 2 years, thousands of rounds, no problems, it just works!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had issues with mine, and I came to the conclusion my SR40 did not like Blazer ammo.
(Fine with me) 2 jams in 100 rounds! I was concerned so I put tape on the bottom of one of my magazines so I could know of the two if maybe there was a magazine problem.

I still had the occasional FTE. I did two things. One was I took some good gun oil and with a pencil worked the ejector. I noticed it was rather stiff at first. Then it smoothed out.
Second, and perhaps most importantly. I changed my grip on the gun. (Yes, it might have been the dreaded "limp wrist")

Combination of both of these, I've had only one failure out of 400 rounds (And that's possible because I did some rapid fire and possibly lessened the grip).

Otherwise the SR40 seems to get better and better the more I fire it.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
what is limp wrist?
Not having a firm grip on the gun with your wrist locked results in your hand taking up the recoil and not enough of it in the gun to operate the slide fully. With a locked wrist the gun absorbs more of the energy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts