Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought SR40c about a month ago. Shot more than 1000 rounds, Federal,

Remington, Winchester, etc.

First of all I had FTF problems, bullet wouldn't go into the chamber. However, it was solved as I rack the slide hard. Even after 1000 rounds, when my friend tried shoot, FTF happened.

The second major problem, that have not yet been solved so far, is that the gun fails to cock the striker and reset the trigger while shooting, even though many rounds in the mag, especially when rapid fire.

This was to be my daily concealed weapon. However, I can't trust it.

I saw a video clip to polish the bullet feeding place on the chamber. But, I

don't want to spend so much money buying for the polishing gear.

Any one know how to fix it?

Thank you for reading & replying.

Wish your happy easter!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You don't NEED a dremel tool and polishing wheel to polish a feed ramp. Some super fine sand paper, around 2000 grit with a lubricant, and a spent casing work just fine but take more effort. I prefer to do this to every firearm I own just to reduce any possibility of failure. Really not easy to do on a bolt action rifle but possible.

As far as the resetting issue, I've heard many complaints about trigger on the SR40c not resetting properly but personally own an SR9c that hasn't had that issue thankfully, so I'm unqualified to respond.

Hope you find a resolution and feel free to share the knowledge if you find a fix on your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to rack it hard. If you pussy foot the slide, you'll get FTFs.

Also, not sure if this might be your issue on the 2nd problem. I was getting occasional failures of the trigger to reset. Figured out that my grip was allowing my left thumb to barely, and I mean barely, come in contact with the safety. It was just enough to keep the trigger from resetting, but not enough to actually put it into safety. Once I figured that out, no more issues.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You have to rack it hard. If you pussy foot the slide, you'll get FTFs.

Also, not sure if this might be your issue on the 2nd problem. I was getting occasional failures of the trigger to reset. Figured out that my grip was allowing my left thumb to barely, and I mean barely, come in contact with the safety. It was just enough to keep the trigger from resetting, but not enough to actually put it into safety. Once I figured that out, no more issues.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I will not buy carry guns with a safety anymore.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
On those compact 40's you have to have a very positive forward pushing grip when you fire them or you'll see those failure to chambers. Also make sure the rails are lubed. That's weird about your second issue. I'd say if your thumbs not catching the safety to call Ruger CS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed with mine. that when i shoot, the trigger doesn't reset because i don't completely let it. Sounds like the same problem your having, next time u shoot, try completely removing your trigger finger, or kind of snapping it off the side when u fire. that will let u know if it's you or the gun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do not use Winchester White Box!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lol, I am another victim of a Zombie thread. Need to practice situational awareness more. Never saw it coming.

Reactions: CoalcrackerAl
1 - 10 of 10 Posts