Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read that people were having issues with their SR9c and some SR40c as far as failure to feeds and extracts. I've had my SR40c about 2 months, shot it 4 different range trips, and put about 400-500 rounds through it. I had had a single issue until my range trip today. Here's what happened:

Shot 100 rounds today. First 2 magazines shot flawlessly with no issues. On the next 2 magazines, the very last bullet(round) had a failure to feed. The first magazine I thought was my fault because when loading the mag, that first bullet was loaded funny, but then it happened again. Anyways, not sure what my problem is. The gun was cleaned and properly lubed before my range trip, and it's the same Federal ammo I have used before. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I would suggest getting a couple boxes of differant manufacture's, what ever you can find and see if the problem accures again. This will help eliminate the ammo from the equasion and then we can look at the gun. Ruger has had a problem with their ejectors on the SR9 and SR40. I have had no problems with my SR40 and have fed it Winchester mostly and some Federal and TulAmmo all 180 grain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts