Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SR40C that is consistently about 2 inches left...The paperwork shows the front site to be adjustable but I can't get it to move, any suggestions???

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! you might want to repost your question in one of the pistol subforums. folks reading that will no doubt have some good thoughts for you on the subject.

enjoy the forum and your ruger!!!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina, From what I have read and seen on You tube the best adjustment is moving the rear site. It is not easy.
You don't say what your experience level is. Have you bench rest fired to see if it may be your grip that needs adjustment?
And as argOnaut22 said reposting in pistols will help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info...I will repost, and yes I have bench rest fired and the gun lays down great groups they are just about 2" left, I have shot about 2000 rounds through it and love the gun just need to get the sights right. I have been a Ruger guy for more than 20 yrs, the sr40c is my daily carry so I really need to get the sights on target so I don't pull left in a pinch...Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an sr40c.

On the top of the rear sight there is a flat head and an allen head screw.

The flat head adjusts the elevation.

The allen head is a lock for the windage loosen it, move the rear sight to the right and re tighten.

The sight sits in a dovetail and will slide left and right.

The Front sight is also in a dove tail but is press fit, you can drift it one way or the other with a punch and small hammer. I would avoid this and if i had to use something to help protect the sight from the impact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an sr40c.

On the top of the rear sight there is a flat head and an allen head screw.

The flat head adjusts the elevation.

The allen head is a lock for the windage loosen it, move the rear sight to the right and re tighten.

The sight sits in a dovetail and will slide left and right.

The Front sight is also in a dove tail but is press fit, you can drift it one way or the other with a punch and small hammer. I would avoid this and if i had to use something to help protect the sight from the impact.
I have not adjusted the sighs on my SR40c, but I have drifted rear sight on another semi auto pistol. I used a small wooden dowell to keep from damaging the pistol. Worked like a champ.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Rear sight on my SR9c was really tight in the dovetail. I ended up holding the slide in a vice and then using a wood block and hammer to get it to move. Like most people, I was pretty protective of the gun and didn't want to overdo it. Took the slide off and wrapped it in a rag to keep from scratching it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.