Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forums, Ruger, and concealed carry on a daily basis! Thought I would share this combo... It has been working wonderfully and I fully recommend as a daily carry option. It also vibes well with my current wardrobe. Gun has been shooting great only have about 500 rounds through it. Much thanks to all the members of the forums for all the information, it has guided my decision making.

Also, in pic is my new M&P foldable/spring-loaded knife.

Crimson Trace Laser Guard, Hogue Handall universal Grip (Modded with laser actuator cut out.)
After a lot of peer opinions, internet research, trial and error, here is the final product...

With the IWB high noon hidden ally low rise holster... Amazing Concealment!

With fitted white vneck shirt, minimal printing...

Here is after calibrating CT laser, going by the dot only with no sights aprox. 30 feet!

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
I LUB my SR40c but do not care for the CT Lasers or think the Houge Grips are needed. Mine sure is a tight shooting gun. Right outta the box.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I LUB my SR40c but do not care for the CT Lasers or think the Houge Grips are needed. Mine sure is a tight shooting gun. Right outta the box."

Appreciate your opinion... LOL!

Exactly why I haven't posted on a single forum in at least four years.

Oh well, guess some things will just never change. I'll just post some more pictures for those who like...

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Minnesnowtawild... I love the knife! Went to a local gun show and payed about 18 more than the best internet price to walk out with it. It is nice, springloaded too. Great look and feel.

Raymond, thank you sir!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
who does S&W have making their knives nowadays? years ago the quality was hit and miss but ive heard they are a much better product nowadays.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hmmm not sure who actually manufactures the blade. As far as quality it feels solid. I don't own anymore to compare it to... But I did get to see and play with about 1000 knives at the gun & knife show I got it from. I waited until I checked every option out and immediatly went back to the m&p. I really like the safety button on the knife, comes in handy with that spring load open button.

I barely got out of there without grabbing the new ruger 22p. Oooooh man I loved it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
who does S&W have making their knives nowadays? years ago the quality was hit and miss but ive heard they are a much better product nowadays

Taylor Cutlery:)

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup it's a hogue but it is the handall junior... Needed some Advil after getting it on, extremely hard to get that tiny grip to fit (especially with blackstrap reversed.) Had to mod to fit over ct as well. Cut a tiny hole in it.

But... I love that it's not too big of a grip doesn't over fit the gun and take away from it. Also, I have been to the range since and grip has def increased efficiency.

Think I'm gonna leave the sr40c as is and move to my next project. Mod my zombie slayer for the ultimate summer carry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been thinking about a laser for my SR9C since it's mainly defense for the home, now that I have a LCR for my pocket. How well does it work in practice?
And if you don't mind my asking how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Very nice SR40c and CT Laser. I have an SR40c undergoing the wait period and I also bought the same CT laser for it that you have. So great to see what it looks like all together. 30 more days before I can pick up the SR40c, alas.

Looks like the SR40c and CT laser is really working for you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please don't stop posting:) People are strange about sharing an opinion that wasn't asked for:) I think it looks pretty sharp. I lov my SR40c.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for the feedback... Darkhorse it works good for practice, practice makes perfect! You can really fine tune the laser, calibrate it to your sights.

I have really come to find the handgrip makes my hip to aim accuracy way faster, and a little more steady. Also, the way the handgrip fills the hand I can still aim and shoot without activating laser if I want. Takes a little practice to get used to it, but pretty cool once you figure it out!

I was able to pick up the ct laser for $190 at local gunshop. Couldn't find it for much less on Internet with shipping.

Redlag, congrats on purchase... I love my sr40c. And Rick I love the light on yours, looks great.

My zombie slayer will be all hooked up soon and I will also post some pictures for you guys! It's going to be a similar set up. Hogue grip already modified for ct laser on way, Pearce pinky extender, and ct laser. I love the hidden ally IWB holster for sr40c so much I ordered another for the zombie slayer.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow... Good look'n out on that website. Even with priority shipping they beat all my surrounding shops.

Just ordered the laser for lcp!

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's a great looking rig and some very nice shooting as well!

Those CT Laserguards are nice - I have one on a Kahr PM9. I was shooting OK with just the sight but once I got the laser sighted in I was hitting 12 gauge shells at 15 yards. Based on that experience I've been really thinking about putting one on my SR40C as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts