Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried the heavy duty striker springs by Galloway Precision in both my SR9 and SR45 and I can tell the difference when inspecting the primer strike on the casing. I can also feel a slight difference in the trigger pull on both. I would like to try Galloway Precision other item for the SR series of pistols, like the stainless steel recoil spring assembly.

I shot 100 rounds out of the SR9 today and 50 rounds out of the SR45 and they both shot really well, I even polished the feed ramps really well and they both feed even better than before.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The only thing I've done to my SR9c is the stainless steel recoil rod assembly with the 18lb spring. I've thought about the steel striker upgrade but I've not had any light primer strikes with the stock setup. Plus I like the stock trigger so much I didn't want to alter it. I understand that if you get the trigger bar & associated springs that you can lighten the trigger back to stock feel. But the striker alone stiffens the trigger up a bit.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The only up-grade I've found NECESSARY on the SR pistols is to drift out the pin on that hideous loaded chamber indicator, buff off the bright red paint, and grind down the nub a bit so it doesn't rise so high. Reassemble and enjoy.

·
Registered
785 Posts
At this point, I don't see a need to make any upgrades to my SR45. When I first got it, I felt that the trigger was too gritty and I may have to upgrade it but after shooting the snot out of it, the trigger has smoothened out considerably. The only thing I may consider is adding a Talon Grip to it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The only up-grade I've found NECESSARY on the SR pistols is to drift out the pin on that hideous loaded chamber indicator, buff off the bright red paint, and grind down the nub a bit so it doesn't rise so high. Reassemble and enjoy.
Owly you just caused me to have one of those "hey why didn't I think of that" moments
I guess you know what I'm off to do Next !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Put Galloway's smooth it trigger kit in my SR9c (and removed the mag safety).

Made a great gun even better...

Also, just got around to putting some Meprolights on her, as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read that a lot of SR series pistol owners have removed the magazine disconnect, I was thinking this under a courts jury ruling, if you would have to use your SR pistol in a situation the jury would find this removal of a safety device and would not favor well for you.
I wouldn't mind taking it out just don't want more BS if I would have to use my firearm in a self defense situation.

If anyone has any legal information on this and since it is removable there wouldn't be any repercussions I would remove it. Wonder what Ruger says about this also?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Owly you just caused me to have one of those "hey why didn't I think of that" moments
I guess you know what I'm off to do Next !
Glad I could help :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Owly could you post some pics of what it looks like now! Thanks, I might do this also to both the 9 and 45.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At this point, I don't see a need to make any upgrades to my SR45. When I first got it, I felt that the trigger was too gritty and I may have to upgrade it but after shooting the snot out of it, the trigger has smoothened out considerably. The only thing I may consider is adding a Talon Grip to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have all the mods Galloway offers except the ss pin kit on my sr40. also the trigger, it made a good pistol a great pistol. I used the drop in 3.5 trigger reset, smooth it kit, heavy striker spring, ss guide rod#20 spring. I have the 18 as well as the 22 but the 20 seems about right. the flat face trigger is a biggie if you use nothing else. it comes in at around a 4 to 4.5 pull and the reset is amazing. even my daughter enjoys shooting it now. only mod other than these was a good polishing on the feed ramp. I wouldn't change a thing on mine now I went from liking it to loving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts