Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought home a new SR45 today ,and I want to remove the striker, so I will be able to clean the channel. I cannot find a video or thread that tells (shows) me how to do this with my pistol. Would someone tell me where to find instructions on how to remove and re-install the striker in a new SR45? Thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I brought home a new SR45 today ,and I want to remove the striker, so I will be able to clean the channel. I cannot find a video or thread that tells (shows) me how to do this with my pistol. Would someone tell me where to find instructions on how to remove and re-install the striker in a new SR45? Thanks!
It's been a couple of years since I did my SR45, but IIRC it's the same as the SR9/40 striker removal. Lots of videos on those.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
The newest SR series centerfold pistols use a different method for striker removal than the earlier models.

There are several threads explaining how to do it...one just a week or so ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have watched the SR9 videos, and the question is when it comes to taking off the striker cover from the end of the slide. It seems (the videos are unclear on this point) that there are two holes on the SR9 striker cover. My SR45 only has one hole in the center of the striker cover. Is that where you insert a small punch to push the striker forward to release it from the striker cover??? Thanks for the help. I want to be sure of what I am doing so I don't screw up a new gun.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I have watched the SR9 videos, and the question is when it comes to taking off the striker cover from the end of the slide. It seems (the videos are unclear on this point) that there are two holes on the SR9 striker cover. My SR45 only has one hole in the center of the striker cover. Is that where you insert a small punch to push the striker forward to release it from the striker cover??? Thanks for the help. I want to be sure of what I am doing so I don't screw up a new gun.
No. You have a new model. Go down a page or two in this sub forum and find a thread by RoadieJeff. He has pictures of the SR series that will help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I see the slot now. It is much less apparent on the SR45 vs the SR9. I needed a magnifying glass and a bright light to see it!

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts