Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got putting another box of 230 gr FMJ through my SR45 today and I am starting to have issues, had a stove pipe, FTE and FTF, not locking back on last round fired. Then I notice something, and I am glad that I mark my mags when I got them. I noticed on the white dot mag these issues are only on this mag, the red dot mag works great no issues with it.

I contacted Ruger and they are shipping me a new mag and its on it's way should have it Monday or Tuesday next week, I have to send back the malfunctioning one but on well hope the new one works better.

Also shot my SR9 and still thinking it needs a heavy duty striker spring and maybe a new stainless steel recoil spring, it is the older version of the SR9 with the round mag release. I notice the newer models have the D shaped mag release.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Well just got putting another box of 230 gr FMJ through my SR45 today and I am starting to have issues, had a stove pipe, FTE and FTF, not locking back on last round fired. Then I notice something, and I am glad that I mark my mags when I got them. I noticed on the white dot mag these issues are only on this mag, the red dot mag works great no issues with it.

I contacted Ruger and they are shipping me a new mag and its on it's way should have it Monday or Tuesday next week, I have to send back the malfunctioning one but on well hope the new one works better.

Also shot my SR9 and still thinking it needs a heavy duty striker spring and maybe a new stainless steel recoil spring, it is the older version of the SR9 with the round mag release. I notice the newer models have the D shaped mag release.
There was a recall on the original SR9 pistols. Was your fixed? Having the extra bladed trigger indicated it has been upgraded.

Ruger - SR9® Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

·
Registered
918 Posts
Of my three SR45 mags, only one will lock back on the last round. I didn't know you could send the faulty ones back in to be replaced.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of my three SR45 mags, only one will lock back on the last round. I didn't know you could send the faulty ones back in to be replaced.

Yeah, just email or call Ruger they will ship you out a new mag and told me there will be a package included with return shipping label to send back the malfunctioning one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a faulty mag. I noticed it had a thicker metal body that seemed to keep the follower from extending all the way to the top when empty. Ruger sent me a new one free of charge.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Glad you guys are getting the fixes to your mag problems.

This goes to enforce the point of how important mags are to the reliable function of pistols in general, NOT just Ruger SR series by a long shot.

You should think of them as a consumable as they do wear out eventually.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Yes it has the new blade trigger installed and has the small hole still in the striker cover, my friends SR9 doesn't have the hole on the cover, also his mag release is D shaped like on my SR 45
About two years ago there was a change made to the SR series striker covers. There is a different method used to remove the strikers in the new version. No big deal, they both get the job done.

There are a few threads here on the new method.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts