Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard sometime ago ruger has toyed with the idea of coming out with an SR45 like the SR9 but single stacked ....has anyone else heard this ? And no I'm not talking about their 1911 they came out with lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
It was said to be in the works, but with all of the demand of their current models they are probably trying to pump out as much as they can while they can, because like you and me, they dont know what tomorrow is going to bring. If the government is after semi autos, i doubt like heck they are going to try and tool up for a new semi auto right now.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Ruger has a number of new model variations listed for 2013.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I can't wait to run across one, I believe the 1st one I lay my hands on will have a new address lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
A .45 that only weighs 30 ounces? Gonna have quite a kick.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Got to have one, if it is anything like 9 or 40 it will be another winner. Just under 3 oz. heavier than the SR40, it should be quite manageable, or even pleasant to shoot.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
A .45 that only weighs 30 ounces? Gonna have quite a kick.
I'm going to have to disagree. While not a brick, 30 oz is no feather weight. My USP 45 is a very smooth shooting pistol & it's actually smaller & lighter (by nearly 2 1/2 oz) than the SR45, according to the specs. The SR45 ought to tame recoil very nicely.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I think I "need" one. ;)

·
too great for words
661 Posts
I would be interested if it weren't for all the "safety" features on the SR line and a lot of other rugers. I got rid of my P345 because I couldn't live with the infernal lock and the mag disconnect and the other junk it had.

Maybe I'll get the SR1911CMD when finances allow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can pull the magazine disconnect out of the sr series. You can remove the safety flag. And just ignore the safety and then it's no different.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts